Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM support QLED 2020?

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 03:50 PM)
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Sonos recently updated their soundbars to have multichannel LPCM support. I have a PS5 and I am trying this on my Q85T. However, using passthrough on TV and LPCM on PS5, I get Stereo 2.0 output. I asked Samsung and they said that the Q85T does NOT have LPCM support!? Is this true? Seems like such an oversight on Samsung's part. 

Instead, I use passthrough on TV and Dolby Bitstream on PS5 and it gives me DD 5.1, which is good but not as good as LPCM. 

101 REPLIES 101
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

There is the uncompressed5.1 support

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE75Q80TATXXU/#downloads

Here is the link to manual where you can see that pass-through will not modify sound and the support of lpcm.

Lpcm from page 147 and passthrough from page 109 this line:

you select the Pass-through option, audio data is output with no processing.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

It is the e-manual where is over 200 pages. 

Also you need to find this page written in English:

https://www.samsung.com/fi/support/tv-audio-video/television-aaniformaatin-maarittaminen/

There is a line :

Jos valitset Pass-Through-vaihtoehdon, ääni lähetetään ilman käsittelyä. 

It means: If you select pass-trough option then sound will be send without modification

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

I checked the e-manual for the Q95T. It is the same. Also found the English version of the link link above.

Thanks.

0 Likes
OopsIBoughtAFrame
Apprentice
Options

Can you post the contents of this email so that others can reference your support case? I've talked to Samsung many times, and each time they say they've never heard of this issue, and I have to spend 30 minutes explaining it.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

It is all Finnish so hopefully you will get something out of it.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

Tutkinnan lopputuloksena on se, että sivustollamme on valitettavasti ollut väärää tietoa pakkaamattomaan 5.1 -ääneen (eARC) liittyen. Pahoittelemme tästä johtunutta harmia. 

Translation: Conclusion of our investigation is that unfortunately there has been wrong information on our Web sites about Uncompressed 5.1 sound (eARC). We apologize the harm this caused.

That is very rough translation, but it is there.

You cannot advertise pass-trough -function that it will not affect to it when it really does. That is 100% pure false information. 

I bought my tv just because it supposed to pass-trough lpcm 5.1 without any modifications. 

0 Likes
OopsIBoughtAFrame
Apprentice
Options

That's great to know, thanks. I'm essentially trying to get Samsung to help facilitate a return on this TV, even though it's outside of the return window and I no longer have the box.

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

FYI, I have used this info to get a partial refund from Currys in the UK.

0 Likes