Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low optical audio output QE65

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 11:21 PM)
Punkman
Apprentice
Options

Hi I've got  12 month old QE65. I have connected a new third party soundbase to the one connect box using an optical cable. However, the volume level on the optical output is extremely low which means I have to turn up the volume on the soundbase high to get any sound out of it (output on the TV is set to PCM).

When you do the sound test from the TV this plays loud and clear through the soundbase so this simple test demonstrates the optical line output can play louder then when you are watching TV etc. Likewise, if you connect the TV to the soundbase through bluetooth the sound is significantly higher then the optical connection - you can turn the bluetooth volume up with you remote but you can't with the optical out. 

Using bluetooth is not an option  as the quality and the depth of sound does not compare to an optical connection.

It does feel as thought the TV is somehow throttling the optical output volume.

Samsung - please have a look into this and seems like a software update would fix this.

1 REPLY 1
MarkRuff
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue. Watching a YouTube music video through this Samsung TV with sound output via optical cable to a sound bar - sound is atrocious. Connect directly to soundbar via wi-fi and sound is beautiful. Something wrong with optical sound output from this TV.

0 Likes