Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Brightness on QE32Q50A

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 08:00 PM)
agh551
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a QE32Q50A and although the picture is very clear and sharp, I have been disappointed at the brightness on the images. I have it set to Dynamic mode with the brightness at 50. Has anyone else experienced this or could it be a problem with my set. This TV replaced my 32D4003 and the brightness was good on this model but the sound was terrible.

I would appreciate anyone s help and advice.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Did have a look at for anything for images for your Tv
But could only find info
On adjusting brightness

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/tv-how-to-adjust-the-brightness-of-the-screen/
agh551
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for responding and providing this link. I have my brightness set at "50" which is at its maximum. I still think the brightness is low although the picture is very sharp.

It would be great to hear from other people who have this model of TV and are not experiencing problems or have over come them.

Members_HYay710
First Poster
Options

Hi,I have just purchased the same TV and have the exact same issue.

Any chance you found a solution?

At the moment mine is on dynamic too but it's still not bright enough.

Thanks

Bruce

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_HYay710: The Dynamic picture mode will brighten the image in bright viewing environments, so this may reduce the overall brightness if you're in a dimly lit room. You may be better off heading to Settings > Picture > Picture Mode, and setting this to Standard, then heading to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings, and adjusting the brightness to your preference from here. 

Furthermore, head to Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving, and disable Brightness Optimisation,  Brightness Reduction and Motion Lighting, if applicable. 

agh551
Journeyman
Options

Hi Bruce

I was going to return my TV until I found out what Andrew has described, now totally happy with the picture.

0 Likes
Dorey
First Poster
Options

Thanks for that information as I’ve just purchased one and had the same issues, but now I’ve turned it off. The screen is perfect 

0 Likes