Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost remote cant connect

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 04:04 AM)
Ay0itskels0
First Poster
Options

I don't have a remote for my tv and I can't connect my smart tv to wifi since I cant press any buttons the only button is the power button. I tried using a lan cable but I cant click yes to set it up 

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Ay0itskels0: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, found on the sticker on the back of the device, and I will look into this for you. There should be some basic navigation buttons on the TV itself, therefore in the meantime I encourage you to check the bezel around the power button as you should find directional arrows, along with the Source button. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
Queens123455
Student
Options

sorry i didn't see an answer? I have the same question. 

I don't have a remote for my tv and I can't connect my smart tv to wifi since I cant press any buttons the only button is the power button. I tried using a lan cable but I cant click yes to set it up. image.jpg

image.jpg

Rhythmjean6
First Poster
Options

I need help to but they claim to use a wireless mouse for navigation 

0 Likes
Pandabeargyrlls
First Poster
Options

Use a keyboard guys. 

0 Likes
Spunky1
First Poster
Options

I just moved and cannot find anything including keyboard or a mouse. Can I toggle or get to the setup menu any other way to connect the tv to Wi-Fi so I can use my phone as the remote?  My model #UN65UN8500FXZA

noahkb80
First Poster
Options

It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a TV. I've got an UN55NU7100FXZA and lost the remote when moving.  So , no internet connection, even though I had my TV saved on SmartThings.  So you can't do anything without the remote because you can't select "allow" with the stupid little button at the bottom.  How is it that the further technology goes, the less things work?   Let's keep it real- they just want you to buy more stuff. I've got a Note 10 plus I paid $1400 for and the TV was $600. And I have to have the remote for any of this to work?  Nope. No more. Between this intentionally bad design, and making equally ridiculous decisions like getting rid of the Note line , Samsung Pay, etc , there's one more thing they got rid of.  Me. The customer.  Alot of others too.  Samsung evidently doesn't like being in business because give it some time, once all of these things come into reality, this part of their business will go bye bye.  

Absolutely atrocious Samsung