Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Freeview channels

(Topic created on: 29-08-2022 09:46 PM)
LG1981
Student
Options

I have had my Samsung smart TV for a few years now and suddenly a few weeks ago I have lost all the Freeview channels and all I can access are the TVplus channels. I have tried to rescan and absolutely nothing is coming up. Also put the TV back to factory settings and again this hasn't helped at all.

My ariel is in my loft which I have not been in so haven't knocked it or anything so not sure why the sudden lose of all the channels.

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try Below

Standby Auto Tuning
Try turning it off
And retune TV
0 Likes
LG1981
Student
Options

Sadly I tried that earlier and hasn't worked

Elvis67
Explorer
Options

Try another TV with the same aerial. If that works then it would suggest the freeview tuner in your TV has developed a fault. 

0 Likes
Theo6
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. 

2021 QLED 8 model.

Tried everything. Absolutely outraged. Seen hundreds of people online with the same problem, can't believe what I'm seeing. A TV where the actual TV Channels don't work. 

Assume no proper fix has been found?

Members_DaU3GwA
Student
Options

0 Likes
Tick2
First Poster
Options

Same here, it worked for 3 weeks then stopped overnight

Retune doesn’t work and can’t get back to fa Tory settings cos I don’t know pin number

Hopeless

0 Likes
murphy15
First Poster
Options

I have just experienced the same problem. My fix was to go to https://ukfree.tv/ and find your transmitter (mine is Winter Hill) on that site it shows the Channel (C32) and Hertz (562.0MHz) in green. On your tv go to the manual tuning and scan for channels for all channels (C) from Channel 32 through to 57 (in my case, yours may differ) checking the the MHz is the same as shown on the website and the tv adds channels. Hope this makes sense and you are able to tune in your tv .

0 Likes