Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of BBC Teletext Services

(Topic created on: 13-01-2021 11:55 PM)
JPR001
First Poster
Options

Anyone out there in the UK who have lost their BBC Teletext services on Samsung models during the last week.  Two other TV's in household different models no problems, any advice

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
Didn't even know it still existed to be honest. Will check mine if I can find it.
0 Likes
ben88855
First Poster
Options
BBC Teletext shut down for good 9 years ago in 2012 and that's why your Samsung TV is not showing the Teletext service along with every single TV in the UK.
0 Likes
JPR001
First Poster
Options

Ben88855 - I am on planet earth Ben, BBC teletext still working on every model except Samsung, was to be switched off Sept 20, but due to COVID and the petitions from disabled groups has been extended indefinitely, works on my Sony and Panasonic models, try it Ben - Regards JR

0 Likes
djj3
Student
Options

Text service from BBC still working as usual on two older Samsung models in the house. My days old 50" Samsung doesn't show it, although the text button remains on the handset .  Great pity, provides great summaries of many news items.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JPR001: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. Are you viewing the BBC channels through an aerial connected directly to the TV, or via an external device such as a cable/satellite box? 

0 Likes
djj3
Student
Options

My Samsung TV is model QE50QN90AATXXU which was delivered about 10 days ago. I have a new Freesat  tv box. This last is irrelevant, because I have turned it off and unplugged the Satellite dish. There is only a terrestrial aerial going straight into the appropriate antenna socket on the back of the TV. In addition, I have also disconnected the house  internet and still receive a "not available" on the screen when I am tuned to any BBC  channel on the TV and press the TTX/MIX or the red button on the handset . There is b no mention of teletext in the intro. hand book . The text service remains on an older Smart Samsung in the next room which uses the satellite.. The new TV relaces an older Smart Samsung which displayed the text service perfectly. 

Thanks for your help. The new TV is otherwise excellent.

0 Likes