Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogiTech Z906 Optical not staying connected

(Topic created on: 16-05-2021 08:59 PM)
HNet
First Poster
Options

Hello, Weird issue. I have LogiTech Z906 and connected it optically. Last TV used Coax but new TV I have does not have this so bought optical cable (20ft).

I go though setup and it does not detect however I'm able to manually pick it from the list.

Once picked out, it seems to setup successfully and even remotely controls the volume and power for the Z906. However shortly after, there is some very high pitch noises barley hearable for me but kids seem to suddenly cover their ears and complain. And then says disconnected. Also every pause in audio turns the speakers off and then back on again when audio continues resulting in some annoying delays.

Now the audio continue to work through speakers but TV can no longer control it. Almost like the audio continues to feed through optical port but no further communication between speakers and TV.

I've kept it as such and used 2 remotes to control things and simply selected the TV speakers and set to zero volume so that it would not continue to make connection every few minutes that drive kids crazy. Hoped an update would fix this however it has not. The audio still works going through optical and speakers are not being powered off/on.

TV is 85 inch TU8000 series (UN85TU8000FXZA)

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
PAULSKI7
First Poster
Options

Can I pls get my address on Google maps lived her 30+ years and we r not on Google maps.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Make sure the Logitech output is the right bitrate e.g. 48 kHz if 96 kHz is proving problematic. A 20ft cable may be too long which is why the lower bitrate may work better
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use what3words
0 Likes
HNet
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I do not recall any option for bitrate on TV settings but will look for it. I see you mentioned "Logitech output" but its a surround sound and lacks any control so believe your referring to the TV settings with Logitech label. As both the TV and the subwoofer have no documented max length for optical, best I found is general limitation of 10 meters (32 feet). I may be able to go with shorter cable. TV is ceiling mounted and subwoofer is on the ground so will be tight as it needs to route around from bottom of TV to ceiling and  back down the wall. Also as mentioned, audio bitrate does not seem to be an issue as the sound is fine. Just the integration. 

0 Likes
Kyriakos1992
First Poster
Options

How did you manage to control the Z906 power with the TV remote? Do you press any special button? When I switch off/on  the TV, the speakers stay off/on.

0 Likes
Kyriakos1992
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
Kyriakos1992
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find out how to switch on/off the Logitech with the TV remote whenever you switch on/of the TV? 

0 Likes
HNet
First Poster
Options

Hello, recently issue started coming up again despite selecting to use tv speakers. I've tried buying a shorter 15 foot cable but same issue. Not sure what changed. 

0 Likes