Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lip sync issue on e-arc

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 03:59 PM)
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Hi folks. 

I've connected a soundbar and sub woofer to my new S95B but there's a noticible luo sync issue that the expert settings aren't correcting. 

On expert sound settings I've gone into the digital output audio delay and taken it to 0 and that really makes no difference. Judging by what I'm seeing (and hearing) the setting would need to go into the minus to rectify the issue but that facility isn't available. I've connected via optical and although an improvement it's still not perfect but the TV has e-arc, I've bought 2.1 hdmi cables to use with my new sound system and would want to have all the benefits e-arc brings. 

Has anyone else has similar issues. 

Thanks 

Paul 

19 REPLIES 19
jjameagghjyuj
Explorer
Options
Hi Paul reboot your s95b and the sub woofer new things often don't work at the first go
0 Likes
jjameagghjyuj
Explorer
Options
Just like this don't get me wrong they normally work fine so don't worry see it as a pet settling
0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Hi JJ, yeah it's been 3 weeks of digging deep into both so the hard reset ain't cutting it. I did contact the soundbar manufacturer and they've yet to get back to me but their job is to transmit the sound the TV produces so there's probably very little they can do. Putting my old soundbar back on temporarily did sort it but that's obviously because there no e-arc facility on it. 

Problem I have now is I know it's there so will be continually noticing it and you can't "un-notice" it (or at least I can't). Next question would be am I losing a lot by connecting via optical cable and forsaking e-arc? At least on my new superb screen the lips would be in sync with the sound. 

0 Likes
jjameagghjyuj
Explorer
Options
Try a different hdmi socket
0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Doesn't allow you to. It's arc or no.sound on hdmi. 

0 Likes
jjameagghjyuj
Explorer
Options
Oh that shouldn't happen I would send it back
0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

I'm just gonna forego the arc features and connect via optical cable. 

Pity really because I went and bought a new sound system to make use of the arc feature on the TV and connecting by optical won't give the results that hdmi e-arc do. 

0 Likes
Zogmonster
First Poster
Options

Hi

I recently bought a soundbar and had sync issues.

Have you tried changing 

Digital output audio format to pass-through in expert settings or in the quick menu. It worked for me. I think its caused by both the tv and the sb trying to process the audio stream and if you set to pass-through only the sb processes the sound.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Hiya, and thanks for replying. 

I have indeed looked at that. There's an "expert settings" section within my sound menu but the Digital audio output can only be set to "auto" when connected via HDMI e-arc. The pass through option is greyed out so auto is the only option available. I have tried connecting into another hdmi port on my TV but the soundbar won't even play on that as it realises I have the e-arc facility on my TV so a message flashes up instructing me to connect to the e-arc port. Very frustrating. It's not massively out but enough for me to notice. 

0 Likes