Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Satellite dish direct into TV without decoder box

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 07:32 PM)
JannB
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to link up my smart tv with a direct link to the satellite dish as there is a connection at the back of the tv  for satellite input. My TV model is UE49MU6400U and I was told that it had an inbuilt decoder and demodulator .  After the connection was made the source panel  showed a new added device "receiver" icon. However when I went to settings to retune the channels the satellite item was greyed out. 

I tried again. This time (following advice found on the internet) switching off the tv and all connected devices first then reinserting the jack into the satellite connection.  This time the source panel is now showing the receiver icon as Bose speaker.  What does this mean?

I can't find an e-manual to do more research. Can anyone out there help.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisP88
Options

@JannB You can find a manual for your TV here-

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Just scroll down to where it asks for the model code or name and enter the details for your TV here. If you don't find what you need in the manual, let us know!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What dish do you have? If it's Sky you will need a new universal LNB as opposed to wideband that Sky use.
0 Likes
JannB
First Poster
Options

Thank you . Have downloaded a manual that has same model number . will look through it to see if I can find reference to satellite input without decoder box. Will get back to you if I get stuck again.

0 Likes
JannB
First Poster
Options

Hello there . Thanks for the reply. We bought a GEOSync GK4LB Universal Quad LNB. Apparently it is designed to work with any satellite broadcasting in the Ku band and a standard satellite receiver. Please note I quote this from the paperwork. I could have been talking Swahili for all I know. Does this answer your question.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, thanks, that's something ruled out. Looks like the remote can retune the channels https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/can-i-plug-the-satellite-dish-directly-into-the-tv/td-p/23637...
0 Likes
Dontknow1
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. Now I found that your first have to select TV as the source. 
then when you go to Broadcasting in settings, the auto tune is available   

0 Likes