Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light grey vertical bars on screen like burn-in behind picture image on new tv.

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 03:00 PM)
Linx01
First Poster
Options

I am seeing light grey feint vertical thin bars on the screen (50 plus or so all the way accross. New 8k 2020 65inch model. Similar to burn-in but not because not Oled and guaranteed not to burn. Tried different input. Disracting against pale blue/grey skies. Can't speak to Customer Advisers with stores closed in lockdown but will have to report it to Samsung. Never read this in reviews of great picture quality.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Are you able to see these bars if you run a picture test on the TV, @Linx01? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Run Picture Test. Also, would these pick up if you were to take a photo of the screen, or are they too faint?

0 Likes
Linx01
First Poster
Options

Hi ChrisM,

thanks for your reply. Yes i have tried the picture test but the photo on screen is so busy and full of detail it hides these marks. it needs a clear image like pale blue sky to see the lines through. Even a photo doesn't show them up very well. Probably needs a technician to examine.

0 Likes
Linx01
First Poster
Options

An update to my complaint about the fault to Samsung. I received no further contact from Samsung uk.technical after emailing to say they would tell me what the next steps would be to proceed with getting the fault sorted out. So had to ring Samsung Customer Services (in the Philippines) again to have the same conversation about the fault all over again with a different Customer Services Assistant who said he couldn't see the fault on the screen from my photo sent on 11 Feb, great. So have to keep on having the same discussion about it but with another Assistant??. finall said the retailer needs to organise sending a repair man. So one coming next week but If he can't see the grey bars i'm stuck with this faulty TV. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're sure they'll get this sorted for you, @Linx01. Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
Linx01
First Poster
Options

Hello ChrisM,

my update is that the local Samsung dealership repair man came and said the lines are due to the panel design. He told me has reported it to Samsung and he knows others have reported it to him. He used the remote to alter settings which he claimed reduced the vertical lines but didn't. All he did was reduce the contrast. He said he would report I wasn't happy with the picture. Next I get an email from Samsung saying 'Were all done. Good news your repair is complete'. What repair, what service?. So a brand new TV now needs to be serviced or repaired?. This has become a farce and I can't recommend Samsung to anyone. So much for Samsung sorting it out for me. 

0 Likes
PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

The only fix is to sell it and buy Sony. All OLED have it, this is what people call Dirty Screen Effect DSE. You can find many examples of it on YouTube. There are also videos for testing for DSE.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Linx01 

Please reach out to our Support Team by clicking on the following link. They'll be able to look into this further with you, and provide you with more information:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Linx01
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply. That is very interesting and I will certainly investigate what you say is the problem. The repair man who called said owners were reporting seeing bars on green backgrounds whereas I can see it on all clear areas on this screen. Anyway once they've got your money they don't want to hear about complaints.

0 Likes
Linx01
First Poster
Options

Best solution don't buy a Samsung.

0 Likes