Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light bleeding

(Topic created on: 22-02-2019 03:11 PM)
Boyzie1982
Journeyman
Options

Can someone please help me here?

Richer Sounds are fobbing me off saying that if they see light bleeding on a dark screen from the top edge, it doesn't count as the screen isn't designed to be looked at in the dark. The LED screens don't support monotone colours either. So I guess that means watching old movies in 21:9 I can't watch them anymore. Also, Dark = monotone according to them. So if I am playing a dark game, it's OK to see a persistent white band across the top of the screen. Apparently white bleed can only be returned if you can see it on a full colour screen in 1080p on the Samsung test screens. By the way, the built-in tester is of course in fully rich 4K colour with complex images which wouldn't ever expose the backlight. 

So I took another picture with the big light on colour in 1080p. 

Verdict: No, this is acceptable light bleed. 

By the way, this is the REPLACEMENT that I was given. I had an issue with this TV for two years and was fobbed off by Samsung by them telling me my Xbox was the problem. Now they replace it with a worse, PERSISTENT issue. Now my warranty has run out. 

Never again Samsung. 

lightbleed.jpg

Can someone put me out of my misery here?

18 REPLIES 18
bandit911
Student
Options

hi can I just confirm that your tv was from richer sounds as I'm having the same problem with them . There engineer came out and said my tv screen was faulty on my samsung as it has bad light bleed and now they wont honour his decision . there saying light bleed is acceptable . 

Boyzie1982
Journeyman
Options
Yes was from Richer Sounds. I really advise writing a strongly worded and FACTUAL complaint on Trustpilot, with examples of times they were unhelpful and you may get somewhere.
bandit911
Student
Options
thanks
0 Likes
Pedro07
First Poster
Options

UE49KS7000 with light bleeding across the bottom. Going for a second screen on a TV with 3 and half years, one screen right before the warranty expired and now under the insurance I fortunatly bought with the TV. Hoping they don't change the screen and give me the option to choose another TV. 

No more Samsung TV's for me

kermit51
First Poster
Options

I have a UE48JS900TXXU and am now experiencing the same problems. Colour bleed from the edges. Tried to go through the Samsung repair and the repair guy said they cannot get the parts to repair it. Might try my local agent. My older 42" Samsung that this replaced is still working fine.

pierre29177
Apprentice
Options

IMG_6029.jpg

what about mine . started one month after the end of the warranty ....... 1500 euros for two years.

Freddie67
Journeyman
Options
we had the bleed on both sides after about 12 months or so, screen was replaced under warranty. We are now just outside our 5 year warranty and it has started again! not impressed given the cost of the TV at £2,500.
I can't see us going for Samsung again, their customer service regarding a monitor fault was shocking. 3 months old and just passed us to a repair agent who said it was out fault and had been damaged by us, wanted around £80 just to check when the item only cost just over £100, and the repair would then be twice the cost of the monitor after that!
0 Likes
Ranveer
Student
Options

I am having light bleeding issues on top corners only which can be seen only in dark rooms for dark scenes. Should stick for replacement from Samsung or deal with it.? Coz what will happen if replaced one would have more issues than the current one i am having.

Jmac74
First Poster
Options

I know this is an old topic, but I had the same issue with my tv as well JS9000 curved screen, bad light bleed down the sides. I will NEVER buy another Samsung tv. I bought a Sony to replace it. Samsung tv’s are trash IMO

0 Likes