Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light bleeding SAMSUNG - SUHD UE48JS8500 Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 48" Curved LED TV

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 08:52 AM)
Markt65
Student
Options

My SAMSUNG - SUHD UE48JS8500 Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 48" Curved LED TV has developed a fault where the edge of the screen is hazy spreading along the edge of the vertical screen. Looking online on the Samsung US website it appears to be a common problem with the TV screen. 

I'm disappointed that such an expensive item turns out to be such poor quality and I was wondering if anyone had had their TV repaired and what was the cost? Samsung customer services and very poor and a total waste of time on the telephone which is very disappointing 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

Hi, just wondered if you ever got a reply or solution to this. I have the exact same issue and more and raised a query in here. Seems Samsung don't respond to fault queries in the forum or offer any solution. Beginning to think they don't care, shocking considering the price paid for what was supposed the be the top range TVs of that year. 

0 Likes
Markt65
Student
Options

My tv was scrapped due to this issue and I agree that Samsung customer service is terrible. I'm so disappointed in Samsung from tvs to mobile phones if there is a equivalent product none Samsung I will buy that. Samsung have demonstrated that they really don't care what I think when I've contacted them on multiple products so I will use my right to buy elsewhere whenever possible. 

I'm sorry that it's not better news for your tv. 

0 Likes
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for getting back to me. 
It seems samsungs response to what is a known fault with their TVs is very mixed. We get nothing not even an apology yet in the US they have been fixing some sets and in certain cases replacing the TVs with a newer model. Will persevere and see how far I can go with complaints. Maybe someone will eventually respond. 
Cheers. 

0 Likes
Markt65
Student
Options

Good luck Neil, I hope you get a better outcome as I am so disappointed with samsung customer service I'd like to be proven wrong but they really don't care about customers and that is disappointing 

0 Likes