Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Bleed

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 10:24 PM)
siewalsh
First Poster
Options

4A9B6B5A-1609-4A91-9C5F-BEE2E38830B7.jpeg

 I bought this TV in November and had a little light bleed and got worse over the next couple months , i then finally got Samsung to send out an engineer to fit a new screen and the issue remains on the new screen & now the engineer coming again this Thursday with another screen to try again but i really feel i need a replacement tv as this tv is only a few months old and is unwatchable.

i have always bought samsung and hve 3 samsung tvs in my house with no issues so i dont believe this is the samsung standard.

£700 75in Tv and i cant even watch it .

contcted VERY as that was where i got it and they said its down to Samsung to replace.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @siewalsh The first port of call is the retailer and within the first six months after purchase the onus is on them to prove that the product was satisfactory.  Under the consumer rights act they are obliged to repair or offer a refund.   Consumer Rights 

Anyway can you report if the engineer is able to resolve it.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
siewalsh
First Poster
Options

Engineer coming tomorrow so i will report back as soon as he has been.

thank you

0 Likes
siewalsh
First Poster
Options

Engineer came out and fitted my 3rd screen today and the issue is exactly the same, the engineer has put it through as faulty to samsung and have to wait and see the reply from Samsung, so i am still without a Tv and not happy.

Also noticed this model uses LG screen wich i feel should have been in the description when buying a Samsung tv and the fact its the first samsung tv av had issues with speaks volumes.

0 Likes
MustangJJJ
First Poster
Options
There's 2 great things with the Care & Repair plan which are if you have the same fault that needs fixing 3 times you can get a brand new TV or a Voucher and also if you have had to wait longer than 7 days you can just ring and ask for a replacement or again like I said with the other you can just have the voucher so paying for the plan really is brilliant and totally gives you piece of mind.

Just thought I'd tell you incase you didn't know. I personally didn't until recently when a 65 inch that's in the bathroom had a huge shadow on.

5 year ago the Samsung 65 cost 1000 + 250 for 5 year care and repair plan.
And they had it over 2 week so I requested on and for a UHD 65 same make were 550-600 which is enough for s replacement product but they gave me a voucher of 728 which was surprising.
I already had bought myself an 85 Oled and a 65 for bathroom so the voucher will be spent on something else.

Unfortunately the 85, has the same fault as yours but worse. I know it's normal for it to be slightly patchy but ours were hugely excessive.
What happened with your situation in the end if you don't mind me asking?

That's if you ever see this and if you can understand my deadly illiteracy 😆 🤣 😂
0 Likes