Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Led TV Screen randomly flashes bright white when off (standby)

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 03:58 PM)
Markc001
First Poster
Options

I've a Samsung led smart TV 40inch not sure on the model number can get it if needed. But the screen has just plused a bright white light for less than a second while off (on standby mode) only noticed as it was in the middle of the night. 

Has anyone else had this and more importantly is it safe? 

Don't think the TV is a year old yet. 

35 REPLIES 35
StungBySam
Explorer
Options

I had the same problem and had technicians come to my home multiple times unable to witness the event. I sent emails, posted on major platforms my displeasure with Samsung and finally, they sent a brand new TV! There are no fixes. There are no patches.. There are no software updates. I will never purchase another Samsung product again!

kerpinney
First Poster
Options

Hi there. Was wondering if you had any luck with this problem with your tv? 
I also have a Samsung tv, and tonight I have witnessed  (not for the first time either) a white flash from my tv. 
I thought I had seen my tv do it before but my other half said it couldn't of been, now tonight I couldn't sleep and it happened again. 
it was almost like some one is taking a picture with the flash on. 

please let me know your results 

many thanks

kerpinney 

AprimeSam
First Poster
Options

@Markc001 wrote:

I've a Samsung led smart TV 40inch not sure on the model number can get it if needed. But the screen has just plused a bright white light for less than a second while off (on standby mode) only noticed as it was in the middle of the night. 

Has anyone else had this and more importantly is it safe? 

Don't think the TV is a year old yet. 

Hi, I wanted to report we are having the same problem. Our samsung TV randomly flashes bright white for less than a second. It's just like the other customer described it, it feels like a pictures was taken. We noticed it both during the TV being on and while the TV is off. First time noticing it was in the middle of the night. We also experienced it while watching a movie that was dark and it flashed bright white and took is by surprise. Now we notice it every night while its turned off.  We have no clue why this happens. 

Caleb10
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue with my new 55", I just bought it last weekend. The only reason I noticed it was because my living room security camera caught it and sent me an alert. It randomly happens around 4:30, 5:30, or 6:00 am. But so far it has happened every night that I have had it. Did anybody find a fix for this issue? 

cbass82
First Poster
Options
Hello everyone, I noticed last night that my Qled tv while on standby, the left side of the screen seems to be lit up. I turned it off at the mains and forgot all about it until I got home from work today. Switching the power back on and turning off the lights to see if it was still occurring and it is! Left side of the screen slightly lit up when on standby. Any advice? The will have had the tv a year, end of November 2020.
0 Likes
OctavianCucolea
First Poster
Options
Hi to everyone. We have noticed the same issue with our TV at night. As I can see Samsung didn't give a response to the issue so I guess we will have to figure it out by ourselves.
Our first guess will be to take down all the connections made in the USB ports (memory sticks, SSD, etc) and see if the issue will happen again as I hope that it's a static energy building or some interference being picked up by the connected devices and it gets released in form of that screen flash.
Will keep you posted if successful but it's an idea to be checked.
Best wishes.
Jam88
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I can confirm I have finally discovered this exact same issue.

I used to sense a flash most nights between 12am and 2am that felt similar to lightning but was unable track the source. One night I happened to be unable to sleep and witnessed the entire TV screen (that is placed in our bedroom), light up white for perhaps less than a second.

I feel that this is likely due to some kind of automated updates (switches on while it checks or flashes as it restarts) but unable to confirm. As it stands I have now turned off “automatic updates” to see if I notice it again. I have not this far but unsure as I can’t confirm when exactly it happens. 

I would appreciate Samsung taking this issue seriously as I don’t think the TV should be switching itself on without command. Especially in the middle of the night. 

Our model is UE40MU6400

TaM44
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone found out what this is yet? It happens to my bedroom tv every night,  I've nothing at all plugged in not even an aerial, it's connected wirelessly to my internet and I watch Netflix and prime only so nothing at all plugged in that could cause this.

Mine only seems to happen couple hours after I switch it off, the nights I've not had the tv on I don't get it happening, unless I'm asleep and miss it, but I usually read a good few hours and see the flash. 

Jam88
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm this appears to be about two hours after it was last used. I thought it was the same time every night but it was actually because we turned it off the same time.

it’s like the TV goes from standby to deep sleep after that time.