Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED TV Samsung screen vertical shadow stripe or dark band

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 07:00 PM)
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

I got a trouble with my Samsung UE55KU6450 Smart TV (4 years old):

When I turn on TV, screen works fine in the begining, but vertical shadow stripe appears a few later.

I note the same area at the rear of the TV is a little hot, as the bottom front.

I've tried auto image testing and trouble remains in all tests.

You will find the same issue been frequently reported in Google for different series of Samsung TVs, but not given a technical reason explaining what's up, nor a solution. Is it a LED stripe problem? A electrical issue?  Could it be due to heat dissipation or panel pressure adjustment issues?

35 REPLIES 35
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

My confusion lies in what needs replacement, the LED EDGE lights or the LED Backlights.

0 Likes
JRP1983
Apprentice
Options

Open it up and have a look …you will be able to power it on while open to see if any of the LED’s are dead 

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

WHAT WAS THE PART NUMBER YOU ORDERED?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Just a post to say that even if your TV is out of warranty we’d always advise contacting your local Samsung Support (https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/ ) and getting your TV looked at by an approved Samsung engineer in the first instance – especially if burning or smoke is involved in the issue – rather than attempting DIY repairs (even if you feel confident at DIY stuff). 

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

I spent all my money to buy a "quality" TV, I cannot afford to pay an approved Samsung repairman to fix a quality defect in this product. Wish I could but I can't.

easts71st
First Poster
Options

how? explain if you like .. 

0 Likes
JoshONeal80
First Poster
Options

Why can't you? Most of these fixes are simply using a screwdriver to take the back off the tv, and replacing the bad part. as another user said, you can take the back off and power on the tv and visibly identify which leds are bad. a little bit of research on your end and you'll be able to find which parts you need. You're a marine, work it out. 

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

You work for Samsung don't you?

I shouldn't have to, that's why. If my TV had this problem and there wasn't this universe of other Samsung TV owners having the same problem I might agree with you, but that is not the case.

Why doesn't Samsung man up and do the right thing? Their silence on this problem speaks volumes about the character and ethics of this company.

Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

Is there anywhere else we can post about this problem that seems inherent with Samsung larger screen TV's? Some place that will  bring attention to bear against Samsung?

I think it is ridiculous that such expensive TV equipment should have this quality defect and that Samsung is not taking responsibility for fixing it. Instead, they are leaving all their loyal customers twisting in the wind with only two choices, buy a new TV or pay someone to fix a problem Samsung should be fixing.

Below is the model I have.

65" Class Q6FN QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2018)

QN65Q6FNAFXZA

Model Code

07HE3CUKB00375D
Serial Number Registered 

DON'T PURCHASE ANY OF THE LARGE SCREEN SAMSUNG TV'S UNTIL THEY FIX THIS QUALITY PROBLEM.

Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

All,

I was in Sam's Club the other day and noticed that Samsung is now giving 5 year warranties on their TV's. I am happy for new owners because they won't get the shaft from Samsung when it comes to fixing problems they ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR, but I am angry because Samsung won't do the right thing and fix their quality problem on the older TV's. 

0 Likes