Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED TV Samsung screen vertical shadow stripe or dark band

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 10:16 PM)
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

I got a trouble with my Samsung UE55KU6450 Smart TV (4 years old):

When I turn on TV, screen works fine in the begining, but vertical shadow stripe appears a few later.

I note the same area at the rear of the TV is a little hot, as the bottom front.

I've tried auto image testing and trouble remains in all tests.

You will find the same issue been frequently reported in Google for different series of Samsung TVs, but not given a technical reason explaining what's up, nor a solution. Is it a LED stripe problem? A electrical issue?  Could it be due to heat dissipation or panel pressure adjustment issues?

35 REPLIES 35
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

20200628_191430.jpg

Here it can be appreciated the vertical shadow band

0 Likes
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

There may be a controller or motherboard just at the same area than vertical shadow because around there at the rear cover input AC is located.

So, is it possible that overheat at the electrical board is producing malfunction on the LEDS around this area?

LED stripes are not vertical so that overheat at the board area could explain the vertical shadow 

0 Likes
shkupjani
First Poster
Options

Similar here. On the bottom of the TV some shadows appear.
What could be the reason?

Model: UE49MU6402UXXH

1.jpg

0 Likes
SC88
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get an answer to this? I’ve had my TV for about 25 months and have started to see the same issue (exactly the same position too)

0 Likes
Superjack
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same problem. my 55 inch has the dreaded black shadow. its 4 years old but I think that after seeing so much of the same problems online then samsung should acknowledge it and fix it for free. all im getting from them at the moment is its out of warranty so will have to pay god knows how much to fix. they refuse to admit there is even an issue with their tvs. is there any advice for how to fight them? kind regards
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

Smoke came out because something burned inside when I turned on the TV a few months ago. I opened the TV and found a led bar burned.

20201227_174231.jpg

I couldn't believe it: all the components were  perfect, except the led bar, the cheaper one. Poor product quality, that's all.

0 Likes
Raphaben
First Poster
Options

Hi Anduser,

On your photo I don't see what is burnt 😞 Is it the grey silver piece?

Is it easy to replace?

0 Likes
YasodhaManokaran
First Poster
Options

Hi Superjack,

I'm also facing the same issue with the 3.8 years old Samsung 55-inch TV. Can you please let me know how did you resolve this issue?

Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue on my  3.7 year old Samsung 65 inch QLED tv. Will Samsung do anything even though the TV is out of original warranty?