Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Curved TV UE55HU8500TXXU Horizontal interference Lines across Picture

(Topic created on: 10-08-2019 02:19 PM)
CoolBlueWhyte
Student
Options

Dear Forum, I am in need of some help please.....

My TV is just out of its 5 year warranty and has developed horizontal interference lines on most of the inputs.
I have checked all connections, run the diagnostics, completed a factory and picture reset, updated software and still have the issue.

I had wondered about the T-Con board but all the still images are perfect on menus, etc.?

I just snapped a few pictures, below, from the onboard tuner showing the interference lines, the self diagnostic menu and the test picture which are fine.

I think it is most likely a cable fault or a fault in the one connect box.

Is there any way I can borrow from Samsung a one connect cable and one connect box to allow me to positively identify if it is a display or one connect issue? (I’m happy to pay postage and even a rental charge if needed.)

Strangely my PS3 that I use as a blue ray player, games, etc. works okay on films and iPlayer, etc. It is connected by HDMI but the audio is suppressed and run to AV Amp via optical cable, this is the only difference to my other inputs.
The diagnostic picture test is perfect but the sound test sound is fine but the sound corrupts the picture?

Anyway my main question is there any way that I can borrow a One Connect to identify my problem please?

Kind Regards

David

Ware, Hertfordshire, England

A few pictures for clarity of horizontal lines and issues..

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CoolBlueWhyte
Student
Options
Well thanks for all your help! Just to close this thread in case it helps anyone else. It was a cable fault! £60 odd on a new one and the picture is perfect again! So not the infamous timing control (t-con) or the one connect box.
0 Likes
faulty tv
First Poster
Options

Hi can you tel me what cables you replaced as I’ve got the same problem 

0 Likes
CBW
First Poster
Options

Hello Faulty TV !

It was the main black One Connect cable that runs from the control box to the TV.

As I mentioned above it was about £60 but I had a local company diagnosis to find the problem, I can’t remember what that cost, probably £100.

Good luck with the cable, let us know how you get on.

It was the cable you can see in this image….

0CE64044-581C-4341-9626-9DF4B0B17DB1.png

0 Likes