Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Latest firmware on Samsung S95B - Samsung please listen!

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 01:07 PM)
midinotes
Explorer
Options

I have been really enjoying my Samsung S95B 65 inch TV, well that was until I updated it in the last couple of days with the latest firmware 1420.  Already the TV has popped up the screen optimisation messages twice in just a couple of days, the TV often takes much longer to start up out of standby and the menus feel sticky and sluggish for a short while. It's definitely not as stable as the previous firmware version and so far I cannot see any advantages over the update. 

I understand from what I've read it is not possible to downgrade the firmware back to the previous version.  I just hope Samsung is working on a fix, especially now they are releasing a successor to the S95B in such a short space of time!  

Samsung, if you do listen to these forums I'm positive there are many S95B owners that would like a fix for the latest firmware.

Simon

#SamsungS95B

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung doesn't actively monitor this forum. This is the community site, where everyone is a a customer just like you.

If you want to submit feedback, you can do so via members app

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung doesn't actively monitor this forum. This is the community site, where everyone is a a customer just like you.

If you want to submit feedback, you can do so via members app
midinotes
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the information.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your welcome
0 Likes
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

is the members app only available on Android?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am guessing so but don't quote me as I have only used it on my Samsung phone
0 Likes
REDv20
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem with my S95B 65' after 1420 firmware update... Terribly slow, constant pop-ups about screen optimisation (it will never do it btw, in my opinion manual option for screen optimisation does't do anything either after the update)... TERRIBLE firmware Samsung. Shame on you! It's a flagship, 2000 Euros product that after firmware update works like Xiaomi low budget smartphone from 2013.... I tried everything including: uninstalling ALL apps, factory reset... And the funny part is- I'm not using build in "smart-TV"(wouldn't call it this way in the current state) functions - I have Apple TV and TV firmware annoys me so much that you can't imagine.. Doing something so simple like changing hdmi output is a challange, sometimes takes tens of seconds to get to outputs list...

0 Likes
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

There is a new version out 1430, it seems to have fixed some of the issues I was having. Not sure if it’s available in the update menu yet but it is available to install via usb from the Samsung website.  

if you hold down the cog wheel button for a few secs on the remote it loads up a source / favourites page which makes it easier to change inputs. 

The OS has been a lot snappier for me on 1430 

Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

I do agree with you that the whole system is a joke though, bargain basement software and UI developers.. Whoever came up with the layout should be hugely embarrassed by their work. 

Even LG has messed up their os, I loved my LG C9 it was so easy to use and had the apps all along the bottom with no interruption of the tv viewing. It’s all full screen rubbish now with often pointless ads that does nothing for the user experience. 

0 Likes
Chad Fincher
First Poster
Options

Samsung S95B software update, 1430