Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last firmware update 1310.4 and youtube resolution

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 07:18 PM)
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my 55q7fn 2018 to the latest firmware available 1310.4 and Youtube app cannot reproduce videos at 2k or 4k. Before the update this was working fine.

Whant can we do? I've reinsalled the app and I've seen other users with the same problem with this new firmware.

Thanks,

76 REPLIES 76
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

AS you said, Changing to wire is not a solution, it's a workaround to fix temporarly the problem. Samsung/Youtube team need to check this problem and solve it. It was working fine with 4k and Wifi before the last firmware uptade.

Yesterday I tried to see some 4k videos via Wifi and it was working fine with 4k but today I don't know if it will work...

Thanks

Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Sometimes it works with Wifi... sometimes not...

I've changed the connection to wire and it works...

Please Samsung/ Yotube(Google) do something...

Lunabel
Apprentice
Options

Same for me, on 1310.4 firmware and Samsung 55" Q6FN model.

YouTube video with a 1080p resolution and enabled "stats for nerds". At least in my case on the "connection speed" it shows 50+Mbps and on the "buffer health" it shows +60 seconds. But when I change it to 4k, everything stops, connection speed goes to 0, buffer health goes to 0, network activity goes to 0.

The last Samsung firmware broke the YouTube app, I have zero issues with Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video.

untravel
Journeyman
Options

I think I found ad hoc, try to put DNS on TV - 8.8.8.8 and reboot, after that 4k worked for me

0 Likes
Fixthisproblem
Apprentice
Options

The reset itself made it work for a while bit the DNS didnt solve the problem unfortunatly...    SAMSUNG LISTEN TO YOUR COSTUMERS!! FIX THIS *****, its 3 months now and NOTHING

DavesMan
Explorer
Options

Advertisement at the beginning and even in the middle of the clip always plays fine in FHD or even 4K. Strange.

Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

The same here.

Before changing nothing it was not working... I added the 8.8.8.8 DNS and I can see the video correctly at 4k... but I tried another one and it freezes every few seconds when buffer health is 0...

neoniusz
Apprentice
Options

What they did with this upgrade is a joke. For me only solution was to switch to LAN cable instead of wifi. This is super strange.

Despite having 300Mb connection, on wifi youtube "geek" shows around 22Mb connection speed (on laptop with wifi it shows around 300Mb) and defaults to 360p - 4K does not work at all. On cable it shows around 70-80Mb and 4K works fine. Still, this is nonsense, its XXI century and they broke the wifi.

Pablo100uk
Apprentice
Options

I have  a 65" Q9FN and like everyone else am having issues with YouTube not playing 4k and defaulting to lowest resulolution since update 1310.04.

I've contacted Samsung support twice and been told that they have no knowledge of any issues in relation to this firmware update. I was told by the first one that the issue is with You Tube however I explained that all was fine until the update installed....even though auto updates were not enabled! 

I've reset YouTube and worked fine for 1 video the. Dafaukted back to lowest Res. I've done a total reset of the one connect box and again this has done nothing. I have taken to watching YouTube on my Firestick now but not happy about it. I'm actually tempted to contact Richer Sounds and use the 6 year warranty stating that the TV isn't functioning as it should. I was hoping that a fix would have been rolled out by now but it's been so long now, I'm now thinking that Samsung have given up with this TV. 

I think we each need to post a new thread wabout this issue and clog the board up with it. Instead of having four pages on one thread, 30-40 threads will surely garner more interest. Wouldn't do any harm taking to social media either. 

xxs
Journeyman
Options

>TV isn't functioning as it should

Samsung virtually has no support for any usable apps in their marketplace. I'd say they have given up on the TVs (smart part), aside the mandatory advertising/spying.

It's disheartening they do zlitch after quite a few reports, their US version of the "community" has even longer thread than this one. If they are 'really unaware' that speaks volumes - having a forum site without anyone reading it.