Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last firmware update 1310.4 and youtube resolution

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 08:29 PM)
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my 55q7fn 2018 to the latest firmware available 1310.4 and Youtube app cannot reproduce videos at 2k or 4k. Before the update this was working fine.

Whant can we do? I've reinsalled the app and I've seen other users with the same problem with this new firmware.

Thanks,

76 REPLIES 76
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Any update?

0 Likes
Anonymous123456
Apprentice
Options

UE55NU8002 Youtube app - 4K is not working and defaulting to 360p, even 1440p defaults to 360p now most of the time. Youtube app just can't be bothered to properly download data.

Youtube in browser works fine though.

I'll NEVER buy anything from this horrible company which deliberatly breaks people's private property by installing badly written firmware which you can't rollback!

Macken85
First Poster
Options

Yeah i now have the same issue with no 4k video in the youtube app.....Samsung better provide a fix for this quick!.....Not good enough support considering the money spent.

ndervic
Journeyman
Options

Same Problem Here.

Re-installed youtube app. 

Cache cleared. 

Still not working fine.

55q7fn - Switzerland 

Anonymous123456
Apprentice
Options

I've called Samsung repair shop - they told me to call helpdesk because they can't rollback firmware.

Helpdesk told me that they can't do anything and I better write and call to Google. I've asked them WTF because Samsung deployed bogus firmware to my TV and now it is having all sorts of problems and does not work as advertised and this is somehow not their fault??? And I have to solve this by calling Google?????

Samsung is beyond any redeem now. They actively blaming Google for software they uploaded to my TV!

AndreiR033
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I am from Romania and I have the same problem with 2 Samsung NU7402 TVs.

I also tried with another router on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless connections and I had the same problem.

When the TV is connected to the internet by cable everything is working fine.

I also tried to watch videos using the Youtube app on a Playstation 4 and everything is working fine on wireless and over the cable.

So I am thinking the problem is with the TV and the Youtube app only when the TV is connected to the internet over WIFI.

I hope Samsung will fix this:)

Fixthisproblem
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here

- youtube in tvbrowser works good

- constant streaming problems with youtube ap

- samsung saying its youtubes problem

- but the app worked fine until samsungs update 

Furs
First Poster
Options

Same issue here since the update.

You can manually select 4k.. but if it fails to buffer once its defaulting to 320p and does not scale up again. The app still thinks its streaming in 4k as it highlights the 4k option, but if you select it, it will show 320p instead..

Also the wifi performance seems to be worse with this release.

Model: UE65NU8070

Fixthisproblem
Apprentice
Options

Samsung keeps blaming youtube, while its the firmware which created the problem....

Anonymous123456
Apprentice
Options

Samsung uses standard corporate tactics - blame somebody at the end of the chain and make a victims solve their own issues.

From the customer perspective I give squat regarding what company broke advertised functionality. Samsung's firmware broke Youtube - well, that's Samsung's fault.