Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Ever Samsung Purchase

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 04:46 PM)
Gus_T_Butt
First Poster
Options

I have had many Samsung products, but my latest Samsung failure has now convinced me, never to buy a Samsung product again.

My Samsung TV, owned for 8 years broke down a couple of weeks ago. A little research showed it may be the power board, but I'm no expert and so I took it to Samsung approved repairers (50 miles away) who would perform free testing and give an estimate based on their findings.

They told me it was the main board, which they replaced, but then they discovered the power board was also at fault.

They discovered too that the board in question is no longer available from Samsung, who obviously like us to fill landfill with their failed products and their pockets with our hard earned cash for more of the same, unreliable rubbish. No longer Samsung, you made a fool of me for too long.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
So an 8 year old TV breaks and you feel hard done bye? It's called wear and tear. You'd be hard pushed to find any electrical on sale in the last decade that would last much longer or have spares available.
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options

As the product is 8 years old Samsung may no longer be able to source the parts for the product. This is the case with every electronic product.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gus_T_Butt  Whilst I can understand you are disappointed  perhaps you are being a bit unrealistic in expecting the spare sparts to be readily available.    I would say a smart Tv  would generally not last much longer than 7 years.   See this article for some tips.   https://techpenny.com/do-smart-tvs-break-easily-solved/#:~:text=How%20Long%20do%20Smart%20TVs,your%2... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.