Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KU6670

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 12:44 AM)
Redrooster
Explorer
Options

Will my tv get a firmware update or am I going to have to trade it in for an LG or Sony. The tv isn’t that old and has no issues apart from the lack of support and updates from Samsung! Current version is 1242. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Redrooster  1242 is the latest firmware which was available in February 2020, so not that long ago .    I have a 2017 model and the last update  for that was November 2019, The KU is a 2016 model.   The newer models tend to be updated a bit more often.   Updates are required for fixing bugs and new features but I would not worry yet.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Redrooster
Explorer
Options
It’s just I can’t get the Apple TV app and YouTube on the really bad web browser no longer works. The YouTube app works but not in 4K so I was using the browser. I’m thinking of getting a fire stick or something but it’s a shame as it’s a nice tv. It’s just the Samsung support/updates and web browser suck!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Redrooster  Unfortunately The Apple TV app is not  supported on pre 2018 models and the Flash player required for videos is no longer compatible with the Web Browser. In any case the Browser on any Smart TV is more limited than on a computer.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes