KS9000 65" broken pixels / lines across screen

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 12:10 AM)
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

20210204_000306.jpg

20210202_125712.jpg

20210202_125754.jpg

I have a Samsung  KS9000 65" had it since new in 2016 and never had any issues until today. Bought it brand new from Currys for several thousand £'s in 2016.

As shown in the attached photos, there is now a band of horizontal lines across the bottom of the screen, the lines are flickering / shimmering and they are transparent (I can still see the TV picture through them) they also produce a slight reflection of part of the image from higher up on the screen - (see photo).

The TV has not been moved or dropped or knocked at all. One minute it was perfect, then this band of lines appeared. The band is about 10 - 15cm high and is VERY noticeable. I have already tried disconnecting all cables and ive done a full reset etc and nothing improved.

I can't take the TV to get inspected anywhere due to shop closures during Covid19 lockdown etc and it's too large to fit in my car.

What can I do ? Can the band of lines be fixed? Is it worth paying to get it repaired on a 2016 TV ? Any advice or suggestions?

*under very close inspection (see the blue photo) there appears to be an entire line of broken / missing pixels running from one side of the screen to the other. It's below this 'black' line that the 15cm band of flickering pixels appears.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@R2wo 

hello

kindly get in touch with localised Samsung Support for expert advise/recommendations

or for them to arrange for you a repair of your lovely monitor please ❤️

thanks 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for your suggestion, I have already contacted Samsung Support via the same link you sent me, but they seemed rather unhelpful. 

They recommended I contact a Samsung official service shop which here in the UK is in a different part of the country to me, I can't fit my TV in my car as it's 65" it's too large and I can't travel across the country during Covid19 anyway. They recommended I just buy a new TV.

R2wo
Pioneer
Options

I have now been quoted £1,000 parts plus £100 call-out fee, to repair it, by an authorised Samsung service agent, based on the same photos posted on here their engineer said it would need a full screen replacement.

However, they then advised me that for my model of TV the parts are not even available - they can't order them (maybe due to it being made in 2016).

Does anyone out there have any experience of this or suggestion of what should be done? Is it worth repairing a 2016 TV for over £1,100 repair costs?

0 Likes