Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ks8000 Common problem

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 09:02 PM)
Kwyjibo
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I bought my Ks8000, UE49KS8000TXXU less than 4 years ago and I'm having these serious issues. 

Lots of white and pink lines across the screen. After lots of searching I have found that this is a common problem and that in the US (at least) this is being fixed out of warranty. My warranty has obviously ran out. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/KS8000-Vertical-Lines-in-all-inputs/td-p/416...

Is this being honoured in the UK?? As I would expect my expensive TV not die after just 4 years! 

I noticed a few problems probably about 18 months ago like odd colours and ghosting, but they disappeared after just a few seconds and never thought much of it. 

Screenshot_20200922_212504_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20200919_111009.jpg

IMG_20200919_111000.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bunter82
Explorer
Options
If you get this tested by an independent shop and it confirms that it is a manufacturer fault then the manufacturer has to stick to a 6 year electrical warranty on all electrical goods which most people don't actually know. If you Google this you will find it out firstly though give samsung a call cos if they know that this is a common fault they may just fix the fault straight away. Good luck
Kwyjibo
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your help. 

Bunter82
Explorer
Options
Your welcome have you been able to get anything sorted with it?
0 Likes
Kwyjibo
Apprentice
Options

Nothing so far. I have tried Samsung service centre/customer services but they have no known faults with this model apparently.

They want to charge me £117/£170 just to look at it before telling me it costs something like £600 to fix 😬 I don’t particularly want random people in my house either with a new-born during this COVID-19 situation. Another thing to worry about.

They offered me a 15% off discount code to use on their site out of courtesy for my broken TV, but the Samsung shop has about 80% of all the choices ‘out of stock’. Nothing in stock is what I am interested in.

I haven’t given up yet but I think I am fighting a losing battle.

0 Likes
Bunter82
Explorer
Options
Where did you buy the TV from? Samsung can be a right ***** at times and 15% and to shabby I guess. Yeah that's about right what you would be charged to have the TV looked at which is the downside to having it looked at. Sometimes you could find an independent TV repair place who could do the same job but cheaper and you could take the TV there but then that might mean you lose that 15% what I would is have a look around and also speak to the shop where you bought it from aswell as they might be helpful. Another thing to look at is your house insurance if you ha e that aswell which could be another option.
0 Likes