Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS7000 SUHD TV Power Cycling: Screen not turning on

(Topic created on: 15-06-2019 09:52 AM)
Patchy
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my KS7000 TV (aka KS8000 in the US): in the middle of watching a program, the screen flashed green and then turned off. It will not turn back on again. It power-cycles as follows: Red power light will come on for a few seconds, red light will then turn off, screen backlight will flash on for a second, backlight will then turn off, and then the red light will come back on (and the cycle then repeats).

I have tried all troubleshooting steps on the Samsung website, including leaving the power off for a long time.

It appears that this is a known/common issue with the screens on this series of SUHD TVs.

There are plenty of posts on the internet describing the exact same issue as me, including this one from the Samsung US forum: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/KS8000-Won-t-Turn-On/td-p/367752.

It seems the only way this can be solved is by replacing the screen. However, I'm out of warranty as Samsung only issue 12 months with their TVs. I've had this TV for 2.5 years, but would expect a lot more use from it - I splashed out on this model thinking I was buying a premium product that would future-proof me for at least 7 years.

Has anyone in this forum had the same issue?

6 REPLIES 6
MrMadman
Student
Options

Hi, i have the same issue.

I bought my KS8000 in 03/2017 and after  2 years and 4months has succumbed to this dreaded power cycling issue that so many others on US forum have also experienced and as you see Samsung is ignoring the posts as though no solution exists. 

I called Samsung customer support went through all troubleshooting attempts and was told to contact a local Samsung affiliated third party technician. It's really sad that as customers we spend thousands of euros on these TVs, and on average it seems this model craps out two years after purchase, just outside of the warranty.  And Samsung does not help or has not offered to assist on what is most certainly a manufacturing defect. More and more of the same issue is popping up online especially in US Samsung Community. Hopefully this will lead to a class action lawsuit. The only solution from our side is to not buy any Samsung product again.

0 Likes
Patchy
Apprentice
Options

I had no support whatsoever from Samsung. I contacted their support several times, and they refused to accept that it was a recurring issue/design flaw despite all the evidence I could give to the contrary. I was lucky in that it turns out I had an unexpected extended warranty through the company that I bought the TV from, so they repaired for free. The repair was as expected from my research: replacement of both screen and main board. To do this through Samsung would cost more than the TV is worth and is therefore pointless.

All of the last products I've bought from Samsung (2x top end phones, DVR recorder and now this TV) have failed in spectacular ways that weren't able to easily be repaired, just after expiration of warranty, despite being extremely well looked after. I will never buy a Samsung product again and am advising all my friends and family to do the same. 

Kirin
First Poster
Options

I've just had exactly the same issue, bought the TV in June 2017 and was expecting at least 5-6 years of use. This must be a product fault. I am flabbergasted that a TV at this range has such a short shelf life (my previous 32" Samsung TV lasted 8 years!). Is there any new fix available ?

0 Likes
Patchy
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that. Can only be fixed by replacing the screen, and possibly power/main board too. Samsung were completely useless, but VERY luckily for me, turns out I had a 5 year guarantee with Currys, and they replaced the screen. Just have to hope this one now lasts....

0 Likes
Kirin
First Poster
Options

Appreciate the response. I've taken the extended warranty on good advice and ordered a new TV (not-Samsung) from a retailer which comes with an extended guarantee . Seems Samsung have tried to sweep this issue under the carpet. I'm quite suprised the problem isn't more visible given how highly recommended this set was on release.

0 Likes
Patchy
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I agree. I'm done with Samsung after also having problems with their phones, which again Samsung support couldn't help with. Just bought an LG TV - the comparative TV from Samsung was actually cheaper and had a slightly better spec but never again. And a Huawei phone.

0 Likes