Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 24/12/17 15:56)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.


All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

 

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

 

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

 

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

 

 

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

 

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,552 REPLIES 2,552
paul1111
Hotshot
Options
TV

Look at this

 

daleski75 wrote:

 

Good afternoon Mr K******, I am contacting in response to your communication received to the CEO of Samsung UK. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment following your communication with our customer support team.

With regard to the Smart Things dongle, the decision was made for this to not be released, and I recognise that this has caused disappointment for which I offer my apologies. What I can do is provide a SmartThings Hub to you without charge as a gesture of goodwill. Please let me know if you would like to receive this and I can make the arrangements for you.


Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

 

 

 

If I accept this it won’t ruin any chance with Currys refund?

 

That is all we needed because they have admitted misrepresentation. I suggest this goes to Curry's as proof for everyone who has received a dumb reply from Curry's. This is gold it's from samsung UK head office and they are not denying that they advertised the Smart Connect. Even more importantly they are offering compensation. This is the proof for court and Section 75 and if you bought on credit to get a fukk refund.

I think though if you except this it would be seen as a solution and would stop your claim in respect to the Smart Connect and I am sure that would be a condition of receiving what I think is a poor bribe to stop you action.

I would email Curry's with this reply telling them that Samsung UK have admitted to misrepresentation, and you want a full refund as per the Oct 2015 Eurpeon Consumer regs.

We could not have asked for more

Paul

0 Likes
Reply
Tazg101
Apprentice
Options
TV

this is awesome. could you ask  to resend the email and CC us all in lol

0 Likes
Reply
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
TV

Met with stone cold silence from Curry's customer services so drafting up an email to the CEO which will be sent including all proof and correspondence this weekend if I have not heard back.

 

This will be emailed and sent recorded delivery.

 

I have a feeling that Curry's are now simply choosing to ignore my emails in the hope I go away.

0 Likes
Reply
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@daleski75 wrote:

Met with stone cold silence from Curry's customer services so drafting up an email to the CEO which will be sent including all proof and correspondence this weekend if I have not heard back.

 

This will be emailed and sent recorded delivery.

 

I have a feeling that Curry's are now simply choosing to ignore my emails in the hope I go away.


I sent a email to Samsung CEO from their support page about your reply over the Smart Connect, and got a reply saying they are looking into it and will respond within 72 hours.

As with Curry's I think they need a bit of time to digest that letter from Samsung UK, that they have decided not to give the Smart Connect USB dongle as advertised on the retailers web sites and that is misrepresentation. I think emails will be zipping between them and Samsung UK. Probably best to give them a little bitvof time. 

I had a reply from Citizens Advice, and on the Smart Connect issue they seem to be in agreement, because the retailers can be show to be advertising it and there is an email from Samsung UK saying they are not supporting it. The other issues may be more difficult to prove as the retailers did not advertise either.  They also said a section 75 claim could also be made as well, which is the easier way to go and free.

Paul

 

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
TV

This is my draft email so far to the CEO.

 

Dear Sebastian,
 
Apologies for contacting you directly on this matter as I feel I have hit a brick wall when it comes to the Curry’s Store in Northampton as well as your customer services department who are now seemingly refusing to respond to any of my emails since the 07/01/18 at 16.04 which is incredibly bad customer service in my opinion.
 
Currys Customer Services simply cannot ignore this issue in the hope it goes away.
 
I have included everything I have sent in writing to Curry’s Northampton including the letter of intent to take them to the small claims court but as Curry’s Northampton have seemingly absolved themselves from all responsibility due to having no legal department despite Curry's Head Office having one (which from my understanding they simply cannot do and is against the law) I am nwo forced to escalating this directly to yourself to resolve.
 
I have included all of the correspondence including the one from the Curry's Manager for your reference.
 
Samsung UK have also emailed me personally admitting to misrepresentation and the reason why I waited so long as Samsung promised it would be out by the end of 2017 but then admitted this would not be the case finally from their statement below.
 
 
I appreciate your time on this matter and in lght of all the evidence I have provided I sincerely hope at Curry's do the right thing and offer me either a full refund or replacement of my choosing.
 
Many thanks for your time and co-operation on this matter
 
Kind Regards,
 
 
Dale Kilborn
0 Likes
Reply
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@daleski75 wrote:

This is my draft email so far to the CEO.

 

Dear Sebastian,
 
Apologies for contacting you directly on this matter as I feel I have hit a brick wall when it comes to the Curry’s Store in Northampton as well as your customer services department who are now seemingly refusing to respond to any of my emails since the 07/01/18 at 16.04 which is incredibly bad customer service in my opinion.
 
Currys Customer Services simply cannot ignore this issue in the hope it goes away.
 
I have included everything I have sent in writing to Curry’s Northampton including the letter of intent to take them to the small claims court but as Curry’s Northampton have seemingly absolved themselves from all responsibility due to having no legal department despite Curry's Head Office having one (which from my understanding they simply cannot do and is against the law) I am nwo forced to escalating this directly to yourself to resolve.
 
I have included all of the correspondence including the one from the Curry's Manager for your reference.
 
Samsung UK have also emailed me personally admitting to misrepresentation and the reason why I waited so long as Samsung promised it would be out by the end of 2017 but then admitted this would not be the case finally from their statement below.
 
 
I appreciate your time on this matter and in lght of all the evidence I have provided I sincerely hope at Curry's do the right thing and offer me either a full refund or replacement of my choosing.
 
Many thanks for your time and co-operation on this matter
 
Kind Regards,
 
 
Dale Kilborn
 
Nicely said, just a case of waiting, and let them scratch their heads.

0 Likes
Reply
Tazg101
Apprentice
Options
TV

hi mate. do you have all the evidence in a dropbox folder or something similar?

0 Likes
Reply
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@Tazg101 wrote:

hi mate. do you have all the evidence in a dropbox folder or something similar?


It's all on this forum, with links to Curry's and J Lewis, plus the Samsung UK admittance of misrepresentation. There is also the Which link tool as well. If I get time I will try to resend tomorrow. 

Please remember you can only claim misrepresentation if you knew and can show proof that the retailer advertised capabilities about the product and its features and they are incorrect. 

As Curry's has said they expect their customers to do their research, and I did and to check the retailers website is normally the first step. It show's on some that the Smart Connect dongle will be a free adon for all 2016 Samsung set's.

Paul

0 Likes
Reply
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
TV

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

This is my draft email so far to the CEO.

 

Dear Sebastian,
 
Apologies for contacting you directly on this matter as I feel I have hit a brick wall when it comes to the Curry’s Store in Northampton as well as your customer services department who are now seemingly refusing to respond to any of my emails since the 07/01/18 at 16.04 which is incredibly bad customer service in my opinion.
 
Currys Customer Services simply cannot ignore this issue in the hope it goes away.
 
I have included everything I have sent in writing to Curry’s Northampton including the letter of intent to take them to the small claims court but as Curry’s Northampton have seemingly absolved themselves from all responsibility due to having no legal department despite Curry's Head Office having one (which from my understanding they simply cannot do and is against the law) I am nwo forced to escalating this directly to yourself to resolve.
 
I have included all of the correspondence including the one from the Curry's Manager for your reference.
 
Samsung UK have also emailed me personally admitting to misrepresentation and the reason why I waited so long as Samsung promised it would be out by the end of 2017 but then admitted this would not be the case finally from their statement below.
 
 
I appreciate your time on this matter and in lght of all the evidence I have provided I sincerely hope at Curry's do the right thing and offer me either a full refund or replacement of my choosing.
 
Many thanks for your time and co-operation on this matter
 
Kind Regards,
 
 
Dale Kilborn
 
Nicely said, just a case of waiting, and let them scratch their heads.


Yeah just waiting for a response now but I think considering they said on the 07/01 that this was their final stance to do with the amount of time I took to get back to them I am not hopeful of getting any further responses

0 Likes
Reply
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
TV

Response from citizens advice bureau so writing an email to the store again saying they cannot absolve their responsibilty by law.

 

Thank you for your reply dated 9th January to the Citizens Advice consumer service. Your reference number is 14610486. Please accept our apology in the delay in responding to your enquiry.

 

Further to your response, if this is the process which the Trader uses it would be advisable to follow this accordingly, however your contract in law is still with the store from where you purchased the goods from.

 

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact the Citizens Advice consumer service by return email or on 03454 04 05 06, quoting, your reference number.

 

Kind regards,

 

Paul

Citizens Advice Consumer Service

Tel: 03454 04 05 06

Web: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

0 Likes
Reply