Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 24-12-2017 02:56 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
BobbyT28
Student
Options

Is the UE55KS7000 supported? I use a VPM to access BBC iPlayer on my phone from Ireland but don't see BBC iPlayer on my TV.  Any ideas??

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@BobbyT28 wrote:

Is the UE55KS7000 supported? I use a VPM to access BBC iPlayer on my phone from Ireland but don't see BBC iPlayer on my TV.  Any ideas??

No the ks does not support iPlayer how or 4k. There is called big thread all about the lack if support and owners really upset about this. Also the lack of the smart things dongle which owners are getting full refunds, more info on ks owners refund thread. 

Paul

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

@BobbyT28 wrote:

No, but if you've got a Streaming device such as the roku streaming stick plus, or apple 4k or Now TV 4k, then you can access it.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@crashcris wrote:

@BobbyT28 wrote:

No, but if you've got a Streaming device such as the roku streaming stick plus, or apple 4k or Now TV 4k, then you can access it.

Pity though that all the other major manufacturers 2016 TV's can play iPlayer 4 k hug, but not Samsung. Especially after paying premium money for a Samsung TV. 

Paul

0 Likes
CraigL1
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have been fighting with Currys since last November and had reached the deadlock situation of the offer of £150 live with payment and getting the hub from Samsung which I refused.  I then took out a Section 75 claim against Creation Finance and that has still not had a decsion after over 20 weeks with them saying that Currys had not provided them with the requested information so they could not make a decision.  They advised I could take it to the Ombudsmen which I did two weeks ago at which point I also emailed Currys again stating it was disgusting that they were ignoring the requests for information and that it was now being referred to the Ombudsmen.

Within two days I had a letter from Dixons Carphone DCC customer experience team stating they were fully investigating my complaint again!  Then a phone call yesterday stating that they now had approval for me to return the TV for a full refund due to the original miss selling of the item.  Those were the words they used.

I have now had confirmation from them via email that once I return it they will refund the full amount paid on the credit agreement so far plus the £250 deposit paid at point of sale.

Now just the long and agonising decision over what TV to replace it with.

Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

@CraigL1 wrote:

Hi

I have been fighting with Currys since last November and had reached the deadlock situation of the offer of £150 live with payment and getting the hub from Samsung which I refused.  I then took out a Section 75 claim against Creation Finance and that has still not had a decsion after over 20 weeks with them saying that Currys had not provided them with the requested information so they could not make a decision.  They advised I could take it to the Ombudsmen which I did two weeks ago at which point I also emailed Currys again stating it was disgusting that they were ignoring the requests for information and that it was now being referred to the Ombudsmen.

Within two days I had a letter from Dixons Carphone DCC customer experience team stating they were fully investigating my complaint again!  Then a phone call yesterday stating that they now had approval for me to return the TV for a full refund due to the original miss selling of the item.  Those were the words they used.

I have now had confirmation from them via email that once I return it they will refund the full amount paid on the credit agreement so far plus the £250 deposit paid at point of sale.

Hi I'm currently claiming a section 75 claim with curry's creation fiance after cuurys fobbing me off with there usual tactics... Over the smarthings on a ks658000. 

My latest letter with creation finance stated they need more time blah blah blah and I can go to the ombudsman and I have upto 6 months to do so been 20 weeks same as you. 

I've even emailed creation finance over a week ago stating that they now have had long enough to sort this out and I even gave them a court case Id  number and still no email or letter back! 

Need a little help on the ombudsman site when I go to type in the Currys creation it dosent recognise that so anything I'm doing wrong there?

Also would be much appreciated if you could inbox what you wrote to the ombudsman.. 

Regards 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

@CraigL1 wrote:

Hi

Hi I'm currently claiming a section 75 claim with curry's creation fiance after cuurys fobbing me off with there usual tactics... Over the smarthings on a ks658000. 

My latest letter with creation finance stated they need more time blah blah blah and I can go to the ombudsman and I have upto 6 months to do so been 20 weeks same as you. 

I've even emailed creation finance over a week ago stating that they now have had long enough to sort this out and I even gave them a court case Id  number and still no email or letter back! 

Need a little help on the ombudsman site when I go to type in the Currys creation it dosent recognise that so anything I'm doing wrong there?

Also would be much appreciated if you could inbox what you wrote to the ombudsman.. 

Regards 

I think you will find that it is not Curry's creation, but it is a finance company in its own right creation finance. It might be worth mentioning that someone else has made the same complaint against creation finance. Remember you are now making a complaint against the finance company, not Curry's. As to your complaint just copy your emails, and the time frame and tell them you have waited a reasonable amount of time and you now thing to wait longer is unreasonable, and also they will not inform you of wait information they are waiting on. Might be worth saying it seems like they just want you to get fed up and go away. In your own words. 

With this result it should be easier. 

Paul

0 Likes
Mylo75
Pioneer
Options

I still haven't got any refund from Currys.

My credit card provider MBNA didn't give me a refund either.

I reported MBNA to the financial ombudsman but they agreed with MBNA that the TV was not misrepresented.

So to say Currys are refunding everyone is wrong, they are not! 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Richierich99 wrote:

@CraigL1 wrote:

Hi

Regards 

I think you will find that it is not Curry's creation, but it is a finance company in its own right creation finance. It might be worth mentioning that someone else has made the same complaint against creation finance. Remember you are now making a complaint against the finance company, not Curry's. As to your complaint just copy your emails, and the time frame and tell them you have waited a reasonable amount of time and you now thing to wait longer is unreasonable, and also they will not inform you of wait information they are waiting on. Might be worth saying it seems like they just want you to get fed up and go away. In your own words. 

With this result it should be easier. 

Paul

Just typed on the ombudsman search page creation finance still saying no search results kinda weird.. 

I've not had 1 email bk from creation finance only 2 letters stating they need more time that's it.. 

Regards 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Mylo75 wrote:

I still haven't got any refund from Currys.

My credit card provider MBNA didn't give me a refund either.

I reported MBNA to the financial ombudsman but they agreed with MBNA that the TV was not misrepresented.

So to say Currys are refunding everyone is wrong, they are not! 

Did you appeal, and might be worth asking why it seems they have upheld against creation finance against Curry's. 

0 Likes