Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 24-12-2017 02:56 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
spellinn
Explorer
Options

1. I'd write to all parties concerned via Royal Mail (and send via recorded delivery). If your claim does goes to court, it's much easier to prove to the court your correspondance when made by writing over email.

2. I don't think this really matters.

3. You start the process online. The court will usually recommend a court appointed mediator first. If you fail to reach an agreement in mediation then you will be given a date to attend court. Note that Currys are defending claims made against them currently, so you won't "win by default" which can happen if they don't defend or respond to a claim. If you lose, you may have to pay Currys expenses.

@Richierich99 wrote:

Does anyone know the direct email address for curry's creation? 

I've emailed curry's on 2 different email addresses as one of them seems to work better according to this forum not heard anything as of yet. 

I plan on getting my whole refund or a replacement of the £2000 for  My 65ks8000

Ive never had to do such a thing like this before and I will take them all the way, and me knowing my wife she hates too loose anything! And won't give up and has got a solicitor as a member of the family.. 

1...Couple of questions . Should I email curry's creation finance aswell  as I did purchased on fiance  and send them the exact email I've sent to curry's? 

2..should I leave a nice review on curry's now or wait.? 

3.if it goes to a small claims court as Ive never done it before and I know this might sound silly but, do you actually go to court or is it done online and if I loose the case on a £2000 TV roughly how much do I have to pay?

Regards r

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@spellinn wrote:

1. I'd write to all parties concerned via Royal Mail (and send via recorded delivery). If your claim does goes to court, it's much easier to prove to the court your correspondance when made by writing over email.

2. I don't think this really matters.

3. You start the process online. The court will usually recommend a court appointed mediator first. If you fail to reach an agreement in mediation then you will be given a date to attend court. Note that Currys are defending claims made against them currently, so you won't "win by default" which can happen if they don't defend or respond to a claim. If you lose, you may have to pay Currys expenses.

@Richierich99 wrote:

Does anyone know the direct email address for curry's creation? 

I've emailed curry's on 2 different email addresses as one of them seems to work better according to this forum not heard anything as of yet. 

I plan on getting my whole refund or a replacement of the £2000 for  My 65ks8000

Ive never had to do such a thing like this before and I will take them all the way, and me knowing my wife she hates too loose anything! And won't give up and has got a solicitor as a member of the family.. 

1...Couple of questions . Should I email curry's creation finance aswell  as I did purchased on fiance  and send them the exact email I've sent to curry's? 

2..should I leave a nice review on curry's now or wait.? 

3.if it goes to a small claims court as Ive never done it before and I know this might sound silly but, do you actually go to court or is it done online and if I loose the case on a £2000 TV roughly how much do I have to pay?

Regards r

If you bought on finance then you are even better protected. Email Curry's first,  also inform them you will be informing the financial company with respect to breach of contract as per credit consumer act,  for misrepresentation which you have admitted to. 

Because you bought the item under finance the rules are different,  but basically the goods are yours. Therefore if there is a breach of contract the retailers can not insist on the goods to be returned. I know because the same happened to me. The finance company asked if I would return to retailer and I told them I would consider once I had the refund. Never sent goods back as I was under no obligation to do so. 

As I said you only have to show misrepresentation to the financial company which on the thread owners refund more info is a condensed version of this thread with all their reply so,  and admitting to it. 

Paul

hasani007
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had luck with mediators/small court claim? Currys..

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hasani007 wrote:

Has anyone had luck with mediators/small court claim? Currys..

Yes John Lewis settled out of court. Barclays and Tesco credit cards have given refunds. People have posted all the results is this thread.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund-Results/m-p/591783#M14509

Paul

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options
I'm no further along the road with Currys than I was 6 weeks ot so ago. Still waiting for mediation or a court date.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tyler_Durden wrote:
I'm no further along the road with Currys than I was 6 weeks ot so ago. Still waiting for mediation or a court date.

I think it may be useful to chase up for a time limit,  as it seems to be taking a long time. 

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options
Sent a chase up email to Money Claims and received an automated response. Unfortunately this seems to be all I ever receive from them.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tyler_Durden wrote:
Sent a chase up email to Money Claims and received an automated response. Unfortunately this seems to be all I ever receive from them.

May be another call to citizens Advice for advice,  or to the court where you sent the details. 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

First email back from curry's about my 65ks8000 what do you lot think about it.. And thanks for all the messages ill have a read when I have time..

How should I respond 

Thank you for your email received 15th January, addressed to Alex Baldock, the Group Chief Executive Officer.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

I am sorry to learn of your poor experience with our company.  Your email clearly expresses your disappointment and I would like to extend my apologies for the negative impression that has been created.  We strive to offer the best customer service, so it is disappointing to hear when this has not been the case.

So that I can fully investigate this issue for you, please would it be possible to confirm the following information for me:

1) The first line of your address.

2) Your full post code.

3) Your full name.

I Look forward to receiving your response.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Platts

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

First email back from curry's about my 65ks8000 what do you lot think about it.. And thanks for all the messages ill have a read when I have time..

How should I respond 

Thank you for your email received 15th January, addressed to Alex Baldock, the Group Chief Executive Officer.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

I am sorry to learn of your poor experience with our company.  Your email clearly expresses your disappointment and I would like to extend my apologies for the negative impression that has been created.  We strive to offer the best customer service, so it is disappointing to hear when this has not been the case.

So that I can fully investigate this issue for you, please would it be possible to confirm the following information for me:

1) The first line of your address.

2) Your full post code.

3) Your full name.

I Look forward to receiving your response.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Platts

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

Yep first contact and the normal response to time waste. Send back the requested information if you want,  and ask for a contact name and department. If you paid with credit card inform them that you will inform your credit card issuer as well. 

Paul