Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 23-01-2019 11:07 AM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options
Dom

Any chance I could have your case reference number. As in the same almost the same situation as you..

So far curry's have offered me a hub! Which I declined and stated I wanted a refund or an exchange, 3 days on not heard nothing.

Anyway I contacted creation and there going to push curry's, also creation told me on the phone that she has never heard of a section 75 lol lol....

How can they offer me a hub and offer you 70% + £££s

Cheers
0 Likes
Domaz1
Explorer
Options

If you bought through finance/creation, just be persistent with them and you will get a result.

I got a full refund, it’s just Creation are handling 70% of it (Curry’s originally told me they were handling 100% but they made a mistake).

It took me many months to finally get them to agree to a refund, it wasn’t an overnight thing. Curry’s pretty much slammed the door in my face but involving Creation under a section 75 complaint was the key.

If the lady you spoke to doesn’t know what a section 75 claim is you’re speaking to the wrong person. Ask to speak to a manager or a senior member of staff.

Dom

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

Thanks for the info @Domaz1 is there a reason you aren't giving us the Case Reference Number - It really would be very useful for us to be able to quote a case that has had the correct resolution.

If you don't want to share it on the open forum please PM it to me, that would be great.

dipesh44
Pioneer
Options

I thought i would update you all on my case. Currys refused to take it further then offering a hub and 150 gbp as a goodwill gesture. I then proceeded to make a section 75 claim with my bank (First Direct). To keep it short the case is on-going, the first line at bank was to refuse it saying there has been no breach of contract. I then appealed, it then went to legal they refused also saying there has been no breach of contract. I have now taken it to complaints who are looking at it. I have them sent them all supporting evidence as described in these forums.  One thing they keep repeating is that Curry's at the time of the sale did not mis-sell they were in good reason to believe Samsung that the imbedded hub would be rolled out. Is there anything that anyone has used that is legally binding? They also said case-references from successful cases could help, but they cannot guarantee it as Curry’s may have settled on a reputation basis rather then legal basis.

Another thing they said was because i have had use of the TV and that is it primiary purpose a full refund would not be likely in any case 

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

My take on it is that Currys have misrepresented the product:

The Misrepresentation Act 1967 states 3 types of misrepresentation. Fraudulent, Negligent and Innocent. It seems Currys is guilty of either Negligent or Innocent misrepresentation. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@dipesh44 wrote:

I thought i would update you all on my case. Currys refused to take it further then offering a hub and 150 gbp as a goodwill gesture. I then proceeded to make a section 75 claim with my bank (First Direct). To keep it short the case is on-going, the first line at bank was to refuse it saying there has been no breach of contract. I then appealed, it then went to legal they refused also saying there has been no breach of contract. I have now taken it to complaints who are looking at it. I have them sent them all supporting evidence as described in these forums.  One thing they keep repeating is that Curry's at the time of the sale did not mis-sell they were in good reason to believe Samsung that the imbedded hub would be rolled out. Is there anything that anyone has used that is legally binding? They also said case-references from successful cases could help, but they cannot guarantee it as Curry’s may have settled on a reputation basis rather then legal basis.

Another thing they said was because i have had use of the TV and that is it primiary purpose a full refund would not be likely in any case 

That argument that it was correct at time of sale is not the argument but the law says advertising must be correct. Therefore when they advertised the free dongle as being supplied in the future,  and then Samsung pull it then that is where the misrepresentation. The law is there to protect consumers from miss advertising and you should make this clear. 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

So why are curry's tech talk still displaying this 

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv still some

people would still believe the hype!! 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone recommend what I should do next? 

last email from curry's was 5 days ago when they offered me the hub, but I declined and showed them the tech-talk link and said I wanted a refund or an exchange!. And explained that the hub is different to the tvs hub.. 

I've informed curry's creation fiance so not sure if that's whats stopping curry's from replying...

Shall I resend the email again or wait? 

Cheers 

Bigken
Apprentice
Options

This is normal, as soon as you ask for a refund Curry's just stop replying to your emails.

Great customer service, I will never buy a Samsung Tv or from Currys again.

Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options
Neither will I if I can help it BigKen... I'm just going to resend the email anyway
0 Likes