Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 09-08-2018 05:28 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
CJH26
Navigator
Options

@Outcasst wrote:

@hawks

Have you heard anything back from JL yet?

They collected my TV on Monday and I was told to expect a call on Tuesday to arrange the refund, but I've not heard anything at all.

I’ll chime in here, Mine was collected on Saturday, should have had a call back on Monday, This didn’t happen but I did have a missed call from them on Tuesday, Called them back myself on Wednesday but my case manager was not in, they just wanted to confirm the uplift had happened. I told them it had and this was noted on my account.

They told me if they had any more questions they would contact me but nothing yet.

Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options
Have you guys who are having TVs collected by JL had refunds?
0 Likes
Outcasst
Explorer
Options

I rang customer services just now and they guy on the other end had no idea what was going on. At first he quoted a refund of £400 something (should be £850) and then told me I had a note on my account to contact me today, but that never happened. He's put another note on my account for them to ring me tomorrow morning.

I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the chap who called me on the 31st was. He had a Scottish accent.

So yeah, all in all I'm not convinced this is going to go smoothly.

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options
GOOD Luck!
I'm not sure I would let them have the TV before the refund was in my account, or at least a written confirmation that it was coming.
0 Likes
sewarner
Pioneer
Options

@Outcasst wrote:

I rang customer services just now and they guy on the other end had no idea what was going on. At first he quoted a refund of £400 something (should be £850) and then told me I had a note on my account to contact me today, but that never happened. He's put another note on my account for them to ring me tomorrow morning.

I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the chap who called me on the 31st was. He had a Scottish accent.

So yeah, all in all I'm not convinced this is going to go smoothly.

When I had mine replaced in June they gave me a credit and then I purchased an LG B7.  It was all done over the phone with the buying team on the 0114 number.  The TV was taken away and replaced with the B7 in one go.  Interesting you mentioned a Scottish accent as the guy I spoke with told me he was based in Glasgow but the code is for a Sheffield number.

matlough
Explorer
Options

When JL agreed to refund me last month I ended up buying a new Sony XF90 at full price and then I had the full amount of my original KS refunded into my account the next day. Reason for this was a completly unrelated IT issue on my JL online account. As well as the full refund they gave me £100 for all the inconvenience caused by the IT problem!!

cyteh84
First Poster
Options
Hi,

Got a reply from JL related to my refund request

"Dear xxxx,

Thanks for your email addressed to the Head of Customer Service, which has been passed to me as customer service falls within my remit.

Firstly, please accept my apology for the delay with this reply. We did receive your initial email however this had been passed to another department in error.

When you purchased your television, it was advertised it would be updated with the SmartThings functionality and, that the USB dongle would be provided to enable this. Samsung did not proceed with this and I can understand this was very disappointing. Whilst John Lewis only advertised this feature based on the information provided by Samsung, we do acknowledge this information was in our product description.

We’ve been in contact with Samsung and the solution available is to provide the SmartThings Hub. We are aware it does not provide exactly the same functionality as the USB dongle would have however we do trust it is a reasonable alternative.

To arrange your free SmartThings hub please email Samsung directly at support@smartthings.co.uk and they will be glad to assist you.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, however this is the resolution that is available and I would be unable to offer a refund for your television. I am also unable to comment on another customers’ case.

Kind regards,

Angela xxxx
Customer Relations Department
John Lewis
"

Seem like a same reply everyone get the very first time you email them. Anyway, anyone has a template to reply to this. Seem like they want me to accept the TV as it is with the SmartThings hub....and they don't really want to deal with me and want to me deal with Samsung...crappy customer service...
0 Likes
sewarner
Pioneer
Options

@cyteh84 wrote:
Hi,

Got a reply from JL related to my refund request

"Dear xxxx,

Thanks for your email addressed to the Head of Customer Service, which has been passed to me as customer service falls within my remit.

Firstly, please accept my apology for the delay with this reply. We did receive your initial email however this had been passed to another department in error.

When you purchased your television, it was advertised it would be updated with the SmartThings functionality and, that the USB dongle would be provided to enable this. Samsung did not proceed with this and I can understand this was very disappointing. Whilst John Lewis only advertised this feature based on the information provided by Samsung, we do acknowledge this information was in our product description.

We’ve been in contact with Samsung and the solution available is to provide the SmartThings Hub. We are aware it does not provide exactly the same functionality as the USB dongle would have however we do trust it is a reasonable alternative.

To arrange your free SmartThings hub please email Samsung directly at support@smartthings.co.uk and they will be glad to assist you.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, however this is the resolution that is available and I would be unable to offer a refund for your television. I am also unable to comment on another customers’ case.

Kind regards,

Angela xxxx
Customer Relations Department
John Lewis
"

Seem like a same reply everyone get the very first time you email them. Anyway, anyone has a template to reply to this. Seem like they want me to accept the TV as it is with the SmartThings hub....and they don't really want to deal with me and want to me deal with Samsung...crappy customer service...

I've said this a number of times, take the time to ring them and explain (in a nice way of course) why the hub is of no use.  Ring the 011 44 524 057 number, they seem to be key  to offering anything.  I offered to take credit so that I could order a replacement as JL pricing is generally competitive.  They even waived the price match that I had done on the KS8000.

0 Likes
CJH26
Navigator
Options

I called my case manager at John Lewis this morning who confirmed my return. He manually processed the refund today with it to show on my card in the next 3-5 days. I also got an email from them confirming this.

Happy Days :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

ItsJohnT
Journeyman
Options

Hi Paul,

I'm got to a bit of a stalemate with the retailer of my KS9000 TV, whilst they acknowledge my issues raised, they will not budge on their stance until Samsung admit liability.

My next course of action was to send a letter of action to the retailer but my only issues is that their advert doesn't explicitly mention the Smart Things Extend, it does reference the IoT but not much more than that.

I assume on this basis I don't have much of a case to take things forward?

Here is the link for the 55" version of the KS9000 as I cannot find the 49" version.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161021164905/http://www.reliantdirect.co.uk:80/Curved-Screen/Samsung-U...

Foolishly I had the chance to purchase from Richer Sounds too but didn't for some reason 😞

Many thanks

JT

0 Likes