Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Highlighted
Black Belt 

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.


All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

 

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

 

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

 

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

 

 

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

 

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,544 REPLIES 2,544

The 8 digit number in my SMS is actually different to the RMA number I've received by email .They're both 8 digits though. 

Highlighted

@hawks wrote:

The 8 digit number in my SMS is actually different to the RMA number I've received by email .They're both 8 digits though. 


Both would be great. 

Highlighted

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Currys are trying to get Samsung to quash this thread as it's so helpful.  If that happens what forum would everyone relocate to?

Highlighted

@k00lworld wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Currys are trying to get Samsung to quash this thread as it's so helpful.  If that happens what forum would everyone relocate to?

 

 

I have started a thread at the cnet forums and am going to copy the important bits across.

Might be worth bookmarking this link just incase

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/samsung-ks-owners-refund/?ts=15332194987951

Paul


 

Highlighted

@paul1277 wrote:

@k00lworld wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Currys are trying to get Samsung to quash this thread as it's so helpful.  If that happens what forum would everyone relocate to?

 

 

I have started a thread at the cnet forums and am going to copy the important bits across.

Might be worth bookmarking this link just incase

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/samsung-ks-owners-refund/?ts=15332194987951

Paul


 


I have copied nearly all of the info from KS refund more info to the above forum. So if we do get taken down hopefully we will all meet there.

Paul

Highlighted

Response from Curry's CEO Support team:

 

Dear 

 

Thank you for your email.

 

I have asked for an internal review of this matter and this is currently being carried out.  A decision should be made in the next 7 days and I will be in contact to advise you of this, once I have received it.

 

Please accept my apologies for the further delay and thank you for your patience while I await a decision.

 

Yours sincerely,

 

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

 

Highlighted

So, Currys have just suggested I can swap my 55KS7000 for the 55NU7100.

 

Can anyone clarify if this is a good like for like swap? Is there anything I’ll be losing or is it a decent upgrade?

Highlighted

@Domaz1 wrote:

So, Currys have just suggested I can swap my 55KS7000 for the 55NU7100.

 

Can anyone clarify if this is a good like for like swap? Is there anything I’ll be losing or is it a decent upgrade?


Absolutely not. The KS is Quantum Dot, the NU is not huge downgrade IMO.

Highlighted

What are they trying to solve with that swap suggestion? Presumably the 55NU7100 doesnt have the smartthings extend functionality either? So that swap doesnt solve the problem.

 

You want a refund, or if you choose to accept store credit to the original amount to make a new choice of whatever TV you want to replace it, or compensation to whatever you agree is fair to make up for the missing feature. There's no point them limiting your swap to their choice.

Highlighted

@En1gma111 wrote:

Response from Curry's CEO Support team:

 

Dear 

 

Thank you for your email.

 

I have asked for an internal review of this matter and this is currently being carried out.  A decision should be made in the next 7 days and I will be in contact to advise you of this, once I have received it.

 

Please accept my apologies for the further delay and thank you for your patience while I await a decision.

 

Yours sincerely,

 

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

 


I hit their Twitter and Facebook this morning with the info put here by @mrtickle to explain why they have to give a full refund for misrepresentation. Also mentioned again the ADR and the Section 75 result telling them that they are the only large retailer not giving refunds and that should be ashamed (not quite legal tech). They told me in reply it was their legal department that had told Know How to only offer partial refunds. I then mentioned that they need to read up on the European Consumer regs, especially the bit the @mrtickle kindly posted. Now that they are reviewing it which may be a good thing.

Paul

Top Liked Authors