Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 01-08-2018 10:38 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mrputt wrote:

After E-mailing Curry’s again last night asking how they got the figure of 50% of the television as a suitable refund and asking where I can escalate this matter higher I received this response today.

Thank you for your reply. As Diane is out of the office today, I have been asked to respond to you in her absence. 

After reviewing the details of the complaint, I feel that your compromise as outlined in an earlier e-mail was not unfair and from speaking with my Manager we have agreed to offer you the £1000.00 in a credit voucher which can be spent in any Currys PC World branch.

We do ask that you do allow 7-10 working days to reach your address. I do hope this resolution brings a satisfactory close to your complaint.

If you do require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

I’m a little confused as this doesn’t make much sense. In a previous mail I did say I would accept £1000 so I am hoping they have agreed to this figure. There is no mention of returning the television in this mail though....

Except it as compensation and you will not be returning the TV.
Paul

mrputt
Explorer
Options
I do hope so Paul.... I will update as and when the vouchers arrive.
Complexcomplex
Journeyman
Options

I was certain they had it for other sizes of the KS series, but now cannot find it. 

0 Likes
Chips78
Apprentice
Options

I had a ks7000 and got a full refund from john Lewis I'll send you my case reference if that helps

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
I have just seen I have Curry's Team Knowhow and Richer Sounds Customer Support following me on Twitter. I am honoured.
This is what I said to them on twitter,
Thing is Richer Sounds lost an ADR and were told it was clear misrepresentation and were told to give a full refund as per the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs. Barclays credit cards have said John Lewis did misrepresent the KS TV as well and offered substantial compensation. We know your tactics in that you are hoping no one will actually go to court, but you may be disappointed with that and I think your legal would agree. Thing is you know you misrepresented the TV, even if it was Samsungs fault, why should your customers be the ones to lose out? You are slowly losing all credibility and it has been noted that you have tried to silence me on trusted reviews. Good try but we will keep using social media to get the truth out how bad you treat and lie to your customers. You are living up to what is so wrong about some retailers who think they are too big to fall. It is surprising how the mighty fall. We are also in contact with tech mags and TV consumer programs.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Chips78 wrote:

I had a ks7000 and got a full refund from john Lewis I'll send you my case reference if that helps

Thats brill and yes please and their email saying as such. 

Could you also post this on the ks owners refund results thread and any other social media i.e. AV Forums, KS owners thread, please.

Well done again,

Paul

yannis_i
Pioneer
Options
I would be very grateful! Which JL shop would that be? Was it after you threatened with legal action or before?
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Also said this to Curry's Know How on Twitter,
So why say they have to use a legal trained representative when you know they do not. Anyone can submit a county court claim without any legal knowledge. It is designed for the man on the street to use so why are you saying you will only accept it from a legally trained person???? You are outrageous in the way you treat your customers and a disgrace to your retail profession. You know you are in the wrong and yes you did misrepresent the Samsung KS TV and you know you broke the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs, and you know it's not for faulty goods, but misrepresentation which is clear your customers are entitled to a full refund. Please stop taking the mickey and do the right thing. Look on the Samsung community refunds and I am paul1277!!!
yannis_i
Pioneer
Options
Outstanding reply, well said!
Chips78
Apprentice
Options

It was CASE-09072922, I used the template email posted a few weeks ago

The response is below, I actually swapped it in Cambridge branch the post below says Cheadle as I forgot to change it in the template e-mail

"We're terribly sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Samsung television. Please feel free to return the item to our Cheadle branch. Please bring the receipt and the card you used to make the original purchase with you and they will be able to issue a full refund, without the receipt we would only be able to return the amount onto a gift card.

I will be forwarding this on to Cheadle as well so that they will be aware of the issues you've had and be able to simplify the refund process."