Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 28-06-2018 09:56 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.


All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

 

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

 

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

 

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

 

 

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

 

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,552 REPLIES 2,552
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options
TV

 

Can't give JL's answer but IMHO given the size of the box, I don't think any court in the land would consider it reasonable to insist that you keep a box that large. It won't fit in anyone's loft.

The law covers the product, not "product only in original packaging".

Another poster here earlier in the thread said that when the delivery men/women arrived to pick up their TV, they'd brought a box with them for it.

 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV
Also please press the like button for posts that you like or are helpful.
Thanks
Paul
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options
TV

@Frazzler wrote:

I have my exchange arranged for tomorrow, they deliver a brand new 55” LG B7 which supports HLG & DV and take away my 49” KS8000 which doesn’t, all in a single visit scheduled within a 3hr window. I told them I didn’t have the Samsung box and they will bring one with them.


Hey, look what I've found. Here's the box post :smileytongue:

 

Stormed
Pioneer
Options
TV

@paul1277 wrote:

@Stormed wrote:

I'm fed up with Currys, I have sent 2 emails to them, received 4 auto responses and 2 replies since the 12 of June. I would call them but I want everything in writing.

I have just contacted Citizens Advice using their online form and asked for Currys to be reported to Trading Standards, I have also contacted BBC Watchdog.

Everyone else who bought with Currys or any other retailer for that matter please do the same, the more pressure we can put on them the better!!

 

I think curry's are going to tough it out until a court or section 75 goes against them. We know we are correct and so does curry's, but until they loose at court they do not have to comply. Richer sounds lost the ADR and jl seem to be doing the right thing. I don't think any emails will shift them and it looks like section 75 or county court. Still ADR for online sales. I really do not think it will end up at court once they receive the intent to take legal action.  All it will take is one good result just like with richer sounds. 

Paul



I have contact my credit card company to get the Section 75 started! It’s the first time I’ve had to contact Currys about something and can’t believe how shocking their customer service is, it might as well not exist! I don’t intend to purchase anything from them again that’s for sure.

paulyoung666
Explorer
Options
TV

Do oleds still suffer from screen burn ?

0 Likes
Xrpninja
Apprentice
Options
TV

Absolutely shocked on this. Spent days researching the best TV for my budget making sure had all the features to future proof it. Then I tried to watch World Cup via BBC iPlayer and found out it’s not supported in UHD/HLG!!

 

I’ve just raised a case with Power Direct. They don’t have the web page that shows the product information anymore, hope that doesn’t matter and they accept the links users have previously shared regarding the miss selling. 

 

Will let let you guys know how I get on. 

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options
TV

 


@Stormed wrote:
I have contact my credit card company to get the Section 75 started! It’s the first time I’ve had to contact Currys about something and can’t believe how shocking their customer service is, it might as well not exist! I don’t intend to purchase anything from them again that’s for sure.

Good. Please tell EVERYONE you know how bad they are. Word of mouth is the only way we'll beat them. 

Most people who are on the receiving end of their after sales insults (not "service") feel the same way but we are all drowned out.

I won't even buy batteries from them.

 

Stormed
Pioneer
Options
TV

@mrtickle wrote:

 


@Stormed wrote:
I have contact my credit card company to get the Section 75 started! It’s the first time I’ve had to contact Currys about something and can’t believe how shocking their customer service is, it might as well not exist! I don’t intend to purchase anything from them again that’s for sure.

Good. Please tell EVERYONE you know how bad they are. Word of mouth is the only way we'll beat them. 

Most people who are on the receiving end of their after sales insults (not "service") feel the same way but we are all drowned out.

I won't even buy batteries from them.

 


I remember the sales pitch when I purchased the KS7000 they asked what I would be connected by HDMI, I said a PS4 and Sky. They said I’d need to buy a special faster HDMI cable to get the most from the PS4, I knew this was a lie and asked will the one supplied with the PS4 not be good enough? I was told something like it might not be fast enough.

 

Sometimes I can’t tell if the staff know they are lying or if they don’t know anything about what they are selling.

 

Their after sales is awful, they don’t care what they have sold you once they have your money. Shame the store I bought the TV from has closed or I’d be bringing it back and demanding a refund.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@Stormed wrote:

@mrtickle wrote:

 


@Stormed wrote:
I have contact my credit card company to get the Section 75 started! It’s the first time I’ve had to contact Currys about something and can’t believe how shocking their customer service is, it might as well not exist! I don’t intend to purchase anything from them again that’s for sure.

Good. Please tell EVERYONE you know how bad they are. Word of mouth is the only way we'll beat them. 

Most people who are on the receiving end of their after sales insults (not "service") feel the same way but we are all drowned out.

I won't even buy batteries from them.

 


I remember the sales pitch when I purchased the KS7000 they asked what I would be connected by HDMI, I said a PS4 and Sky. They said I’d need to buy a special faster HDMI cable to get the most from the PS4, I knew this was a lie and asked will the one supplied with the PS4 not be good enough? I was told something like it might not be fast enough.

 

Sometimes I can’t tell if the staff know they are lying or if they don’t know anything about what they are selling.

 

Their after sales is awful, they don’t care what they have sold you once they have your money. Shame the store I bought the TV from has closed or I’d be bringing it back and demanding a refund.


i went into buy 2.0a leads from curry's and they did not know what I was talking about. I was told that more expensive one's would give a better picture. I asked what they recommended and was shown a lead which cost over £60 each!  When asked what type it was the salesman said it did not matter. It was actually a HDMI 1.4. Not much use to use with a 4k shield. Got one from Amazon for £3 each and work perfectly. So never ever ever and ever buy HDMI leads over £ 10 each from you retailer because if you do you ate being ripped off! 

Paul

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options
TV

@Stormed wrote:

 

Sometimes I can’t tell if the staff know they are lying or if they don’t know anything about what they are selling.

 

Their after sales is awful, they don’t care what they have sold you once they have your money. Shame the store I bought the TV from has closed or I’d be bringing it back and demanding a refund.


 

Yes. I'm sure that the Dunning–Kruger effect applies when it comes to them assessing their knowledge. :smiling-face: