Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 28-06-2018 04:33 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@Mylo75 wrote:

I think currys might win the award for worst ever customer service, or maybe Samsung might just beat them to it!

Note to self avoid Samsung products and avoid purchasing anything from currys.

Samsung doesn't beat Curry's for the worst CS. Curry's wins by a cuntry mile! It's been obvious for over 20 years starting with hard pressure selling of unnecessary extended warranties. Such a clear robust law, yet they still flout it.

I've been shouting it from the rooftops more than half my life now, and I'm baffled and frustrated that people still shop there, and they still act all surprised when things go wrong and Curry's deny the law.

Please, please, don't stop with just a note to your self. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW what Curry's are like, SPREAD THE WORD FAR AND WIDE. Persuade people not to shop there.

It's a crime that they are still in business, when good companies have gone to the wall since the financial crisis. There really is no justice.

Boofg100
Explorer
Options
If ppl dealing with currys want quick response regarding geting back to emails what i did was to use twitter and send a message to @TeamKnowhowUK stating someone to get bck to me regarding my case number (you get this when you send in your email to them) It is a farse that seeing seen ppl on this forum waiting 20 days hearing back for a reply. If you are not happy with the response then use the online form on citizens advise to log your complaint.
ItsJohnT
Journeyman
Options

This is my latest response from Reliant Direct... Not feeling very hopeful at the moment as neither Reliant Direct or Samsung are taking responsibility, despite agreeing with my complaints raised. Any thoughts on how i should proceed when the inevitable from response from Samsung is received?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, your details have been passed over to me to see what can be done in conjunction with Samsung.

I can appreciate your disappointment that the features you say Samsung have advertised are not going to be applicable to the UE49KS9000, with this in mind I have sent an email to Samsung to see if they could provide help in the way of a returning to manufacturer reference,  this  would enable us to either provide a replacement or refund for you.

If you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me.

MC_Blade
Pioneer
Options

Nip that in the bud strait away,  “the features you say Samsung advertised“ no they advertised them as part of the specification of the TV. 

They are trying to move the blame.

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@Ramos049 wrote:

Another update with my complaint with Richer Sounds. They are refusing to collect my TV or cover the costs for returning it. I have got a feeling that it is getting a bit personal with me as other people have had their TVs collected. Have contacted Retail ADR and informed them that I will refuse the recommendation if Richer Sounds do not cover the costs for returning the item and take the complaint to the adjudicator to have it added in.

Wow, this was only two weeks ago (page 68) and now we're on page 98. This thread has gone exponential! :smiling-face:

@Ramos049 did you get any joy with this delivery charge problem? We all owe you one for having the determination and patience to go through the ADR process, and sharing your result with us. I'd like to know that you too have had a good final result.

Ramos049
Pioneer
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@Ramos049 wrote:

Another update with my complaint with Richer Sounds. They are refusing to collect my TV or cover the costs for returning it. I have got a feeling that it is getting a bit personal with me as other people have had their TVs collected. Have contacted Retail ADR and informed them that I will refuse the recommendation if Richer Sounds do not cover the costs for returning the item and take the complaint to the adjudicator to have it added in.

Wow, this was only two weeks ago (page 68) and now we're on page 98. This thread has gone exponential! :smiling-face:

@Ramos049 did you get any joy with this delivery charge problem? We all owe you one for having the determination and patience to go through the ADR process, and sharing your result with us. I'd like to know that you too have had a good final result.

I think I am the only one on here who has had problems with Richer Sounds, which is probably understandable seeing as they now have to offer full refunds to everyone who complains. They have agreed to collect the TV but they are still messing me about. Was suppose to be collected on Monday but I got a message from the couriers on Friday that it was going to be Tuesday. Told Richer Sounds straight away and they said they would sort it out. Wasn't until Monday morning that they said they were trying to get another courier to collect it. No surprise that they couldn't get one and now they are collecting it on Saturday even though they originally said they couldn't do Saturdays. Unlike most people here I won't be buying from them again, don't think I will be getting impartial customer service from them again after this.

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@Ramos049 wrote:

@mrtickle wrote:

I think I am the only one on here who has had problems with Richer Sounds, which is probably understandable seeing as they now have to offer full refunds to everyone who complains. They have agreed to collect the TV but they are still messing me about. Was suppose to be collected on Monday but I got a message from the couriers on Friday that it was going to be Tuesday. Told Richer Sounds straight away and they said they would sort it out. Wasn't until Monday morning that they said they were trying to get another courier to collect it. No surprise that they couldn't get one and now they are collecting it on Saturday even though they originally said they couldn't do Saturdays. Unlike most people here I won't be buying from them again, don't think I will be getting impartial customer service from them again after this.

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for for this weekend. Perhaps in the future you'd get better service from a different branch, who knows.

Complexcomplex
Journeyman
Options

John Lewis customer services have agreed a full refund

This was done over the phone

I was very blunt and basic. "Product not described, I want full refund", when fobbed off with the "we will contact Samsung line", I said that's not my problem, refund pls. 

Dun.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Complexcomplex wrote:

I was very blunt and basic. "Product not described, I want full refund", when fobbed off with the "we will contact Samsung line", I said that's not my problem, refund pls. 

Dun.

Looks like they have seen the light,  well done.  Spread the word please. 

Just need curry's to do the same! 

Paul

CJH26
Navigator
Options

@Complexcomplex wrote:

Dun.

Good news well done!

Out of interest was your tv bought online or in store?