Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 11-06-2018 10:34 AM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
Ajy1
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had refund success with Currys? Thanks

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options
They have bee resistant but have paid a partial refund. Now someone has a result against Richer Sounds from the alternative dispute resolution who said they misrepresented the TV. So that says if it went to court you should win and the chances of them going to court I would think is slim. Here is the post,

Ramos049 Explorer
Tuesday

Sorry for the delay in updating everyone with my progress with Richer Sounds but I ended up taking my complaint to Retail ADR and I was not allowed to discuss it on public forums but I have just had the recommendation through from them and it is good news. They have agreed that it is a clear act of misrepresentation and that I am entitled to a FULL REFUND. So, if you have bought it from Richer Sounds do not accept anything less. Also if you are exchanging it for another TV you could probably get something that cost a little bit more than what your Samsung cost as it would work out cheaper for them to do that than give you a full cash refund. The good thing about Retail ADR is that Richer Sounds are bound by their decision but unfortunately I believe that is not the case with John Lewis or Currys. However, you can still take it to Retail ADR and if they do disregard their decision you can then use it as evidence in the small claims court and you would have an extremely strong case. It has taken two months for it to go through Retail ADR but I'm glad I did, as we all now know that the least they should be offering is a full refund.

Hope it helps.
teviom
Journeyman
Options

Surprised people are having issues with Richersounds.

I got a Samsung 55" KS7000 from them 18 months ago. Called them 2 weeks ago, told them about the issues and sent them a couple of links on SmartThings and iPlayer HLG issues. Within a couple of hours I was offered a return and exchange, was given in credit what I paid originally.

Returned the TV to a local store and paid the difference to get an LG 55" OLED B7 (They even did me a deal so the difference amount was less). I originally paid £850 for the KS7000 and paid £410 on top to get the LG B7.

I didn't even have to mention any miss selling or selling regulations, just explained the issues. No negotiation needed.

Ramos049
Pioneer
Options

When I complained to Richer Sounds it was three months ago and I knew I was going to get some resistance as my TV cost over £2000 and they weren't just going to give me a full refund. I spent three weeks trying to resolve it with them but they flatly refused to give me a full refund or exchange for a TV of the same value; which is why in the end I had to go to Retail ADR. Maybe they were using me as a test case and I think in the process they realised that they didn't have a leg to stand on and why they are now offering a full refund straight away. They don't want it to go to Retail ADR as every time someone raises one against them they have to pay Retail ADR a fee. As I said previously, if you do exchange do not pay the exact difference, the last thing they want is you taking the money and spending it else where.

Kallb123
Explorer
Options
I'm in this process at the moment. The first thing they said was, Can we offer an exchange? There was no messing around, literally their first reply. They haven't got back to me with the upgrade cost of the B7 yet, but I can take the money and wait anyway.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Kallb123 wrote:
I'm in this process at the moment. The first thing they said was, Can we offer an exchange? There was no messing around, literally their first reply. They haven't got back to me with the upgrade cost of the B7 yet, but I can take the money and wait anyway.

Well done and think this could open the floodgates for refunds from all the major retailers. Please pass this onto other Forums , AV Forums  Facebook twitter etc.  When we started this thread the retailers were playing hardball but now hopefully it's getting easier. 

Well done again. 

Paul

Jep_uk
Pioneer
Options

@Kallb123 wrote:

Where did you buy from? Was it in store or on line? 

0 Likes
Kallb123
Explorer
Options
In store. I sent the same email via their web contact form and the local store email address. So far it's been a great service, but we'll see what kind of price/deal they can do on B7 before saying for sure!
0 Likes
Jcotts
Pioneer
Options

Hi Guys,

After spending months reading through this thread and the HLG blue panet threads, I have finally decided to pursure a refund for my KS7000. I would much rather buy a tv that will be updated correctly and future proofed as much as possible.

The only slight problem I have is that I bought the Tv from a third party trader through Amazon. I have raised a refund complaint through Amazons channels to the trader, but as of yet they have not responded.

Does anyone know if Amazon is partly liable as the trader operates through their marketplace, and would they get involved?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Jcotts wrote:

Hi Guys,

After spending months reading through this thread and the HLG blue panet threads, I have finally decided to pursure a refund for my KS7000. I would much rather buy a tv that will be updated correctly and future proofed as much as possible.

The only slight problem I have is that I bought the Tv from a third party trader through Amazon. I have raised a refund complaint through Amazons channels to the trader, but as of yet they have not responded.

Does anyone know if Amazon is partly liable as the trader operates through their marketplace, and would they get involved?

I also bought from DA Tech through Amazon. Because you are buying through a third party you lose you section 75 protection. Amazon have there I think 120 days a to z protection but after that you are on your own. That is why I would never buy anything expensive from Amazon. I also had a recording problem and eventually Samsung gave me a full refund,  but it was a long and difficult challenge and I also dealt with Samsung uk CEO.  Your best bet send them a letter using the which tool and then take advice from citizen's advice. 

Paul

0 Likes