Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund Results

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 09:05 PM)
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Might be useful for everyone using the KS refund thread to please let others know on this dedicated thread thanks.

103 REPLIES 103
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Endlessproblem wrote:

Hello. I have a ks9000 . what is the problem please ? How do I know if I have the problem ? What can I do?

Also is there a ks9000 forum...

Thanks.

It was the misrepresentation by the the main retailers.

Every thing is in this thread,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

It was all about the promise of the free usb dongle that would enable the smart things feature of the TV. Samsung had promisedthe free dongle, and the major retailers advertised this. Samsung then said they would not be supplying the dongle. That is misrepresentation and under consumer law you can claim a full refund from you retailer.

Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options
Hi Thanks. Can you kindly tell me the actual issue as I'm just seeing what to do. I don't use the tv as a tv. It's a gaming monitor and streaming service for my Samsung phone.

I was also wondering what the latest update would do as I'm worried about planned redundancy.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Endlessproblem wrote:
Hi Thanks. Can you kindly tell me the actual issue as I'm just seeing what to do. I don't use the tv as a tv. It's a gaming monitor and streaming service for my Samsung phone.

I was also wondering what the latest update would do as I'm worried about planned redundancy.

Then you might not have a claim. read this thread.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

0 Likes
Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options
That is wrong and well done you for fighting. If you see my past posts I have also fought Samsung hard on issues like the hard wired ads they didn't inform users of which they get paid to force on us.

But....what features on the usb dongle were promised? And are you aware of any planned redundancy issues with the updates ? And if it's not supported why is it asking me to update?

Thanks for caring. I feel that due to the patch it later mentality all our products are going to ***** and our rights to dust.and no one gives a *****.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Endlessproblem wrote:
That is wrong and well done you for fighting. If you see my past posts I have also fought Samsung hard on issues like the hard wired ads they didn't inform users of which they get paid to force on us.

But....what features on the usb dongle were promised? And are you aware of any planned redundancy issues with the updates ? And if it's not supported why is it asking me to update?

Thanks for caring. I feel that due to the patch it later mentality all our products are going to ***** and our rights to dust.and no one gives a *****.

The features of the dongle would have enabled the TV to be the hub of your own internet of things. samsung made a big song and dance about it, and the major retailers advertised this as cutting edge tech. But it did not work, and samsung pulled it. So every owner who thought they could use their exspensive TV as the internet of things hub were mislead. That is illegal and goes against consumer law. Its called misrepresentation.

Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options
You are right. Will other tv's have this ? Sounds cool. Shame. Sick of Samsung doing this. I wonder what the latest update does...
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Endlessproblem wrote:
You are right. Will other tv's have this ? Sounds cool. Shame. Sick of Samsung doing this. I wonder what the latest update does...

The problem is Samsung never say what the updates do. Not good.

Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options
That is a problem.

Won't be buying Samsung again as things stand. Can't afford a new tv though 😞
0 Likes
smiles22
First Poster
Options

Hi. Please can you give me any details about the reference numbers that you are quoting such as where it comes from - thanks

0 Likes
spellinn
Explorer
Options

Just thought I'd update the thread as my small claims case against Currys (DSG) finally had its hearing after being postponed twice. 

I know another case won on the grounds of innocent misrepresentation, however my judge took the view that because Currys failed to respond to most of my initial correspondence about the missing functionality, I wasn't given the "final right of rejection or price reduction" that the Consumer Rights Act provides. I had argued that both Section 9 ("satisfactory quality") and Section 10 ("Goods to be fit for a particular purpose") both applied in this instance, and the judge agreed in his verdict.

I was able to prove that the SmartThings Hub offered by Samsung did not offer the same functionality as the promised USB Dongle, as this was a key part of the defence that they had offered an equivalent replacement free of charge (clearly not the case). His view was also that Currys claim that the product was just for watching terrestrial TV only and thus functioned correctly could not be substantiated as TVs clearly have far more functionality these days.

The judge took the view that I was able to prove that the SmartThings functionality was a key factor in my purchasing decision, and that the information on that functionality was being advertised by Currys on their website as being available at the time or purchase, which was misleading and sufficient grounds for rejection or price reduction under The Act..

I won the case, however in assessing the judgement, the judge said that whilst I didn't end up with all the functionality promised, I still have had use of "a very nice big TV" for several years, so awarded me 60% of the retail price as a "price reduction", plus all my costs back, and I got to keep the TV.  My original claim was for 100% of the purchased price (£1899) for my 65KS8000.  I was satisfied with the outcome. Hope that helps others in the same situation.