Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard not working on smart Samsumg Youtube app

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 02:17 AM)
Sampa
Apprentice
Options

I've already tested multiple keyboards for the Youtube app in the Samsung Smart TV (MN : UE49MU6292) but it still doesnt work. The Youtube App seems to be the only one from all the TV apps that is incompatible with any wireless keyboard. Some of the keys like the arrows and 'enter' are working but not any of letters or numbers.

Can Samsung contact Youtube/Google for this sotware fixing issue?

(update: the BT App is also not working with a keyboard)

36 REPLIES 36
lag2_gu
Apprentice
Options

What keyboard?? And how did you do it please?

0 Likes
Londt17
First Poster
Options

How do we remove this restriction? 

0 Likes
Londt17
First Poster
Options
How do we remove the restriction
0 Likes
TNK
Student
Options

I finally got the K400 keyboard to fully work with YouTube app. The credit goes to an excellent Samsung tech I chatted online with.

1. Go home.

2. Navigate to YouTube app.

3. Hold down the remote button until list of options comes up.

4. Select "Update" if available; otherwise select "Delete" then "Reinstall".

This works for me. Good luck.

ljo
Journeyman
Options

Sounds good, doesn't work.

I reinstalled the Youtube app and still cannot type letters in the Youtube search on my K400+.

TNK
Student
Options

You may have to do all three steps I did prior to YouTube update. I wen through this with the Samsung tech support by trial and error before found the YouTube update successfully got the keyboard to work.

1. Check the TV firmware version and see how recent it was updated; mine was dated 04/23/2020 so I did not have to update the firmware. On your TV, go to "Setting"; "Support"; and then "About this TV" to verify the latest firmware.

2. If the firmware is not up to date, or if in doubt, update it anyway. Go to "Setting"; "Support" then "Software Update".

3. Un plug the TV then hold the remote middle button for about 15 seconds.

4. plug back the TV, go to YouTube and test your keyboard to see if this resolves the problem.

5. If unsucessful, navigate to YouTube app, hold down the middle button.

6. Select "Delete"; then "Reinstall" Youtube app.

7. If this does not work, call or chat with Samsung tect support.

ljo
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for trying to help, I did what you wrote and still could only type numbers, note that I am using the 2018 4K Q6 model so it may be different for you, but I could not delete the Youtube app as it is preinstalled, I could only reinstall it through the "Apps" settings which did not help. Also, my software update option is greyed out and it says the version is 1294. I have reached out in the past but they did not provide any help, I may try again but I don't see what else I can try to be fair.

Glad it works for you at least.

Lxx33
Student
Options

Hi, 

Still have the problems. 

I had to do a software update. Now I have 1294, but now also the Software-update and the diagnostic option is greyed out. 

Did uplug the power cord from the tv

pushed the round middle button of the remote control ( I have the smart control) for 15 secondons

plug the power cord back

turned the tv on

the youtube app still only did numbers not characters with my 2.4ghz wireless mini remote control. Similar to https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xwireless+mini+...

When I press the home button on the remote and navigate to the youtube app, I can't delete it with pressing a long time the middle round button on the remote control. I have to use the down button and can select move or delete. 

Delete wil give a popup meny of "you wish to delte youtube prome startscreen, you can always add it later". This is a rough translation as my settings are in dutch.

Basicly I can't complete delete youtube. In the youtube app I can go into settings and can delete search, view history, reset the app. But no complete uninstall and reinstall. 

Any tips are highly appreciated. 

0 Likes
ABbyLau
First Poster
Options

so do i

0 Likes
MusicLover
First Poster
Options

Workaround for Keyboard not working on smart Samsumg Youtube app. Same here.... work working

I use the "internet" app > Videos tab.

Then I use a combination of a USB keyboard and usb mouse to navigate and the usb keyboard to search.

My Setup:

I connected a Cyberpower powered usb hub to a usb input on the Samsung Smart TV. Any powered USB hub should work.

Then I connected the mouse and keyboard to the hub.

It works with any usb devices. I even connected a flash drive to the hub filled with music and video files.

The hub has 6 usb inputs.

The Internet app provides the same content as the YouTube app, with a different interface.

It's not as slick as the Youtube app. It's s little more hands on like accessing YouTube from a PC.

It plays the videos in the browser. If you play simply click Full screen button, you are essentially seeing it as it would appear in the YouTube App

0 Likes