Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought the Samsung Q60T and having issues with HDMI and blackouts..

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 06:54 PM)
Endreaver
Apprentice
Options

I’ve tried both ports, the first one is hooked up to my PC and the screen will go black with no sound for about 2-5 seconds once per day..

The second port is connected to my Nintendo Switch, and this is constantly black screening, it seems to happen when opening menu’s in game etc

i’ve tried 6 different HDMI cables, ranging from out pf the box ones that came with my PC/Switch, to the new 2.1 cables..

has anyone else had this issue and knows a fix for it? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Could be that you require to update the tv's firmware from the initial factory settings. I'm not sure how to do this on a Samsung tv, but on my LG TV, I went onto the official LG website, downloaded the latest firmware onto a blank, formatted USB stick (a guide was provided to help with this), then I followed the update instructions once the USB stick was inserted into a USB port at the back of the telly. It is probably a similar process.
0 Likes
Endreaver
Apprentice
Options

Tried the firmware update a few days ago or so and sadly didn’t work 😞

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Maybe there are internal settings to try?
0 Likes
Endreaver
Apprentice
Options

Tried messing with game mode to see if that caused it and nope, also tried changing stuff in the external HDMI options but sadly its still dropping out randomly 😔

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I can only suggest that you have a mainboard issue, then. Get a TV tech to examine it, if its a pain in the bum.
0 Likes
Endreaver
Apprentice
Options

Might have to look into getting it checked out tbh, thanks for the assistance and advice 👍