Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV app stopped working on Q7 Tv

(Topic created on: 23-05-2020 10:15 PM)
DenisD
Student
Options

The ITV Hub app has stopped working on my 2017 Samsung TV (Q7 47 inch) and 2017 Samsung Blu-ray (the latter has a wired network connection).

I've followed advice on another thread and tried resetting hub and reinstalling all apps. I've tried full resets.  TV and Blu-ray have up to date firmware.

Other apps still work fine.  I can also use ITV hub on other devices (phone, laptop, tablet).

Symptom is I can open app, browse content. When I try to play anything it just buffers until timeout. Not a network issue as tests show 66mbit and like I said the Blu-ray is wired.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DenisD 

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to find a fix?

0 Likes
DenisD
Student
Options

We are over two weeks into this with no fix.  I'm a techie with 20+ years software industry and trying out new tech so confident I have tried out all the obvious.

Still stuff to try on network security and trying Blu-ray on another router but my gut tells me this is software.

0 Likes
sharpe
First Poster
Options

Hi, can i please ask if this issue was fixed?...i ask as am also a techie and have a few Samsung TVs, (different models) which stopped working for ITV hub about 4 weeks ago...all other apps work fine but ITV hub now simply starts to load then i receive an error message...works on mobile phone app and laptop so pretty sure its not network...

0 Likes
DenisD
Student
Options

Just tested and a problem my Samsung Devices.

I can navigate app, select program, watch adverts, put programs do not play (get a whoops error).

I have since switched to using other devices for itv.

0 Likes