Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is time for Dolby Vision!

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 07:24 PM)
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

Dear Samsung,

your HDR10+ alliance is breaking further apart and is at an end. 20th Century is giving up HDR10+, Disney is not interested either and is fully committed to Dolby Vision. Panasonic, co-founder of HDR10+, has also been open to the opening of Dolby Vision for some time now (with good reason).

In short, Dolby Vision is the clear winner! Why does Samsung refuse to open Dolby Vision? HDR10+ is at the end, as you can already see:

Netflix: No interest in HDR10+
Apple TV: Not interested in HDR10+
Disney: No interest in HDR10+
Prime Video: HDR10+ available, BUT 99% only HDR10 without dynamic metadata, Dolby Vision with full metadata available!

Ultra HD BluRays: Hardly any HDR10+ content, but extremely much Dolby Vision content. Soon there will be no more 4k BluRays anyway. Then everything will run via streaming.

In the end it is not comprehensible why Samsung is sticking with HDR10+. It's over. Dolby Vision is the clear winner, especially since Dolby Vision IQ has already been developed further.

If Samsung wants to attract new customers and retain old ones in the future, Dolby Vision must be introduced. What could Samsung not have for horny TVs, Q90r, Q85r, Q95T, Q90T etc. with Dolby Vision (and HDR10+). The perfect equipment for 4k content. If you continue to shut yourself off against it, I honestly see black.

I hope that when Dolby Vision is introduced, we old users with 2019/2018 QLEDs will also be considered. This is unfortunately not always the case with you Samsung.    

In this sense, it is high time for Dolby Vision on Samsung TVs. HDR10+ has (clearly) lost.    

(But probably Samsung is not interested in the opinion of its community and is probably too ambitious as HDR10+ developer to admit defeat)

111 REPLIES 111
kn0w1
First Poster
Options

It is quite unbelievable that Samsung wouldn’t even provide an option to purchase a DV license. Can’t watch any HDR content apart from that on Prime video.

Hope Samsung changes their ways soon enough and also retrospectively provides the option to owners of TVs from the past 2-3 years in the least.

KillerOfDemons
Apprentice
Options

I fully agree, an option to purchase it would be fine if they didn't want to take on the cost.    This was the biggest issue for me when i did my research and almost returned my tv.  I understand the average consumer doesn't care or understand but they ask people like us for recommendations so I would think it would be higher on Samsung's priority list.  I tell every gamer friend now not get a Samsung because of no Dolby vision support.   

Angel-D
Explorer
Options

HDR10+ no ha funcionado, deberían dar una oportunidad a Dolby Vision.

Firmware update 🙏
📺 Q70R

Joe Smith
Apprentice
Options

I agree it's time. I would have purchased a Q90 tv to go with this amazing Samsung Harman Kardon Q80R sound bar and my Xbox series X.  Instead I'll have to go with a LG because of the lack of Dolby vision.

Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

Dolby vision is fake... usa services on purpose don't do hdr+ 10 becuse dolby told them not to do it but do some fake ''dolby vision'' that they can have money from it...  If they wanna dolby vision why they don't produce their own tvs?  simple .. samsung or lg or sony or hisense etc  won't be paying nonsense licenses to ''again'' usa companies when they don't have to... dolby vision is basically copycat of hrd becuse usa companies want their own *****, but not on their platforms.. it is all politics.. it is not just you kiddo it's time for DV ,have no idea what's all behind it..  it is all business and money, nothing else... 

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

LG has ***** IPS screens and Sam has VA better quality screens I have Q85T and picture is perfect.. No need some dolby vision.. imitation of HDR ...

0 Likes
Ben_o-0
Student
Options

Yep, there is nothing wrong with supporting both hdr10+ and Dolby Vision, the market will decide which one will be the more popular format. Samsung is an electronics manufacturer, not an HDR standard setter. Including Dolby Vision simply adds more reason to buy Samsung, and that improves your bottom line, makes customers happier, no reason not to.

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

It's not that easy.. Samsung has to pay to dolby if they want implement something from dolby or dts or others features.. That's why Sam won't do it.. Literally paying for nothing 

0 Likes
RedwoodGeorge
First Poster
Options

It's Amazon Prime day and they've got the 85 inch QN90A on sale for a pretty good discount.  If the TV had supported Dolby Vision I would have made the upgrade.  The NeoQLED TVs are amazing but if they don't support the Dolby Vision I'd never get the chance to appreciate how good the panels are.  So I guess I'll wait.  Either Samsung will support Dolby Vision next year or Sony will come out with a competitive panel - we'll see who gets there first...

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

Really don't understand why you so brainwashed by some "dolby vision"?

Just because it is from dolby you think it is any good? It is just gimmick.

It is just simple picture setting you can do manually 🤷‍♂️

You think there is some kind of chip makes picture any better? And in different brand

If you see label dolby vision it is just plain marketing nothing else.

If they want make some dolby vision gimmicks they should manufacture their own tvs and not parasite on others tvs manufactures.. Simple 

0 Likes