Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is time for Dolby Vision!

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 05:30 PM)
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

Dear Samsung,

your HDR10+ alliance is breaking further apart and is at an end. 20th Century is giving up HDR10+, Disney is not interested either and is fully committed to Dolby Vision. Panasonic, co-founder of HDR10+, has also been open to the opening of Dolby Vision for some time now (with good reason).

In short, Dolby Vision is the clear winner! Why does Samsung refuse to open Dolby Vision? HDR10+ is at the end, as you can already see:

Netflix: No interest in HDR10+
Apple TV: Not interested in HDR10+
Disney: No interest in HDR10+
Prime Video: HDR10+ available, BUT 99% only HDR10 without dynamic metadata, Dolby Vision with full metadata available!

Ultra HD BluRays: Hardly any HDR10+ content, but extremely much Dolby Vision content. Soon there will be no more 4k BluRays anyway. Then everything will run via streaming.

In the end it is not comprehensible why Samsung is sticking with HDR10+. It's over. Dolby Vision is the clear winner, especially since Dolby Vision IQ has already been developed further.

If Samsung wants to attract new customers and retain old ones in the future, Dolby Vision must be introduced. What could Samsung not have for horny TVs, Q90r, Q85r, Q95T, Q90T etc. with Dolby Vision (and HDR10+). The perfect equipment for 4k content. If you continue to shut yourself off against it, I honestly see black.

I hope that when Dolby Vision is introduced, we old users with 2019/2018 QLEDs will also be considered. This is unfortunately not always the case with you Samsung.    

In this sense, it is high time for Dolby Vision on Samsung TVs. HDR10+ has (clearly) lost.    

(But probably Samsung is not interested in the opinion of its community and is probably too ambitious as HDR10+ developer to admit defeat)

111 REPLIES 111
luke_y2k
Explorer
Options

also arent Qled's much brighter in general 

meminski
First Poster
Options

I bought a Q90t and I am supposed to have it delivered next Tuesday.  I will not accept it.  The new Vizio supports all formats! Sorry, Samsung.

Husfeldt
Student
Options

Damm was in the market for a 85 inch .. looking at the Q80T or Q70T .. but now looking at LG or Sony apparently..

EXILE69
Apprentice
Options

Xbox series x announced they going with dolby vision.  Samsung please allow dv on your tvs.  I don't want to return my 65 in q80t I love it but I am getting an Xbox series x! I have plenty of samsung devices I could easily switch to another brand.  Don't do this to your customer base!

deanm
First Poster
Options

I'll ad my vote for Dolby Vision via firmware update.. 
I'll even pay the licencing fee.

Gaspo1
Pioneer
Options

I’ll will also pay for it. Give us DV Samsung!

Lyckeboden
First Poster
Options

Still nothing. I am out shopping for a new TV. It will not be a Samsung!

What really pi..es me off, is the fact tha Samsung just ignores all the remarks and feedback regarding this issue. There is NO reply anywhere from Samsung.

Gaspo1
Pioneer
Options

Samsung is digging there own grave with the TV division. More and more people will be aware of the lack of DV. I’m pissed the seller didn’t tell me about it. 

Hipis_1
Explorer
Options

Is it even possible to upgrade firmware to Dolby Vision? I wanted Q80T but I think I'll buy Sony 900H with DV and DTS with Dolby Atmos through eARC.

Gaspo1
Pioneer
Options

Buy a Sony you get SO much more for you’re money.