Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UE82NU8000 and Xbox Series X and smart remote control

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 01:09 AM)
rinzler
Journeyman
Options

Hi All, 

I have a new xbox series X and as other posts have suggested I have updated to the latest firmware for my TV via usb (currently ver 1310.4) 
So new xbox is now reconised when you plug in a hdmi and it assigns the correct (Xbox logo) icon but I'm no longer able to control the console via the Universal smart remote, Easy enough fix i thought but  when you go to universal remote and set the console up for smart remote control which it correctly identifies and allows the remote to work correctly.

it then reverts the TV icon to the generic Game Console icon and not the xbox logo

Any one else having similar issues? 

35 REPLIES 35
giobotigi
First Poster
Options

Yes, I am having the same issue. 

0 Likes
CptMacHaggis
First Poster
Options

With my Q7FN TV and Xbox Series X, I have Universal Remote and Game Mode working, but the annoying thing is, in the home area I have the default blue HDMI symbol, not the green Xbox symbol. I tried renaming the source as this helped for some people, but it does not work for me. This is triggering my OCD pretty hard, as it was working without any issues on the Xbox One X. Does anybody have a trick/solution to that? Thanks.

0 Likes
rinzler
Journeyman
Options

Yes thats the main issue you can either have the xbox symbol and no control over the console or have the generic console icon and control over the console, i have the look of the generic icon on my home icon bar so have hid it. 

i know in the grand scheme it is a pretty petty thing to be complaining about but its you spend thousands on a TV i expect it to work correctly 

PetrVob
Student
Options

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Gartoa
Apprentice
Options

Help
i am trying to install the firmware update but its not happening, any pointers to where i am going wrong 

0 Likes
rinzler
Journeyman
Options

if you having issues, updating firmware via internet and the tv, try doing it via a usb 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-a-samsung-tv-via-usb/

0 Likes
Gartoa
Apprentice
Options
I have to do this but the TV isn't having it
0 Likes
Jaguhaing
First Poster
Options

Hello soo the other day i was trying smart remote thing. And i didnt work soo i went on this forum and it still didnt work 

BUT I FOUND THE WAY TO DO IT

Basicly when u set up on the proces when u test it,  Press (on xbox!) pair controler button and remote will work with xbox works tester on mine seriesx and my Brothers series s and it works. Hope i helped somone

😃

Hanky1
First Poster
Options

Just went through this. Finally got a Series X, and was having trouble setting up the universal remote as I had it with Xbox one. So, something that some people might miss. After struggling with this for awhile, I tried to figure out where the series X accepts an IR signal. It turns out, I was blocking mine. It’s LOW on the series X. U have to aim the remote on the bottom half of the series x to hit it. It’s honestly not very forgiving, either. Which is a shame. So, aim low and don’t block the bottom of the series x from remote line of sight. 😎

0 Likes
Hanky1
First Poster
Options

Turns out the IR blaster is inside the ‘pair’ button, just FYI. That’s why u have to aim the remote low as that’s where it sits. 

0 Likes