Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UE82NU8000 and Xbox Series X and smart remote control

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 04:10 PM)
rinzler
Journeyman
Options

Hi All, 

I have a new xbox series X and as other posts have suggested I have updated to the latest firmware for my TV via usb (currently ver 1310.4) 
So new xbox is now reconised when you plug in a hdmi and it assigns the correct (Xbox logo) icon but I'm no longer able to control the console via the Universal smart remote, Easy enough fix i thought but  when you go to universal remote and set the console up for smart remote control which it correctly identifies and allows the remote to work correctly.

it then reverts the TV icon to the generic Game Console icon and not the xbox logo

Any one else having similar issues? 

35 REPLIES 35
Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

This works for the remote, nice! Thanks. So now just firmware update for 120hz settings with xbox

0 Likes
QuantumCommando
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone. Same issue here. Q90T with series X. Auto connect means no remote, then when you correct remote it gets rid of official Xbox icon on input choice. 
As for the 4K 120 VRR a minor update came out to fix my tv a few days before Xbox launch day! IK  on my older Samsung it wouldn’t always recognize those minor updates, would have to manually install with flash drive so maybe check the product support page.

looking forward to a fix for the series x remote though, Samsung! Thanks!

MrDre
First Poster
Options
This universal remote trick worked for my series X. the confusing part for me is that out of the box it was already working then stopped suddenly a few days ago.
Now re-running the setup has it working again, thanks!
0 Likes
Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

Maybe it was new update, i got it just few minutes ago, you maybe earlier

QuantumCommando
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the input but that is exactly the problem, that doesn’t work for us on the other two TV models.

0 Likes
Elkethus
Student
Options

Thank you @arigato this worked for my Xbox series X you are my hero

0 Likes
iBeMaq
First Poster
Options

@rinzler wrote:

Hi All, 

I have a new xbox series X and as other posts have suggested I have updated to the latest firmware for my TV via usb (currently ver 1310.4) 
So new xbox is now reconised when you plug in a hdmi and it assigns the correct (Xbox logo) icon but I'm no longer able to control the console via the Universal smart remote, Easy enough fix i thought but  when you go to universal remote and set the console up for smart remote control which it correctly identifies and allows the remote to work correctly.

it then reverts the TV icon to the generic Game Console icon and not the xbox logo

@rinzler wrote:

Hi All, 

Yeah I’m having the same issue. I can’t seem to find a way to have auto game mode on and also have my my universal remote working at the same time. 

0 Likes
Elkethus
Student
Options

try this it worked for me 

This universal remote trick worked for my series X. the confusing part for me is that out of the box it was already working then stopped suddenly a few days ago.
Now re-running the setup has it working again, thanks!

0 Likes
Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

I would try to reapply game mode settings in xbox video settings, some times it works and if not, there is possible to activate game mode in TV settings directly in main settings menu go to -> general -> external device manager -> game mode.

0 Likes
VanDoorn350
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my UN55KS8500 QLED. TV sees the Series X as a game console and remote does not work for navigating the Series X, but works for everything else perfectly fine. One X worked perfectly fine. Disappointed to not be able tonuse the TV remote like before.

0 Likes