Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is tv USB port always powered?

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 02:22 AM)
Pacnw
First Poster
Options

I have series 6 uhd tv model mU6070.

Trying to plug usb LED strip for backlight, and thought USB port would be powered when TV is turned on.  Seems it's sometimes be controlled by 'power' button on remote, other times not.  Meaning sometimes leds are lit when tv powered, and sometimes turn off when TV turned off, but not always.  Sometimes LEDs stay lit when TV powered down...

whats the deal?  Is there a configuration setting I need to make USB port power match if TV is on or off?

thx

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Pacnw,

Not sure if you were able to find an answer for this, but I had a look in to this. The USB LED light strip should turn on as long as the TV is plugged in to power. However, your TV model does look like non EU one. In which case, it's best if you speak to our colleagues in your region. The following link will provide you with the contact details: https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/
0 Likes
Options

I have a 85 Inch Samsung Smart TV: The USB plug for my  LED strip for the backlights are inconsistent. The USB port is powered and they should come with the TV and go off when he power is turned off.   Sometimes  the LEDS will light up when the TV comes on and Sometimes they won't.  other time they will tend to remain lit when I power the TV down. Is there a setting in the TV to enable the port to power down with the TV?

0 Likes
lzsurf
First Poster
Options

Hi. Mine works pretty good the 2 first months then starts stay always on now without any reason.. changed settings and resetting completely the tv and nothing, now always on. It's very disappointing..

0 Likes