Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this screen damage or a screen fault on a new QLED TV ?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2023 01:17 PM)
FF101
First Poster
Options

I took delivery a few days ago of a new QE55QN90B and did not notice any issues. 

The screen is highly reflective (despite the enhanced anti-reflective coating that this model is supposed to have)  and I have just noticed today that when the set is off (and also when on) and it catches the light there are a series of speckled white dots in the bottom right corner, about 8"  above the frame and about 6" in from the side of the frame.  See attached pics showing a close up of the dots and a broader shot showing the frame and the mark (just above the refection of the mat).   I have wiped the screen but it has made no difference.

To me it looks like some sort of external screen damage, but as I did not notice it for a couple of days and can't be 100% sure it was there when the TV was set up, I am wondering whether it has developed with use.

Any thoughts appreciated.  I am planning to return it but would still appreciate any thoughts on what this is about.

146086d5-db27-4dae-a4cf-69327d358ce8.jpegfbf1616e-e64d-450f-b1e4-4e1cba234caa.jpeg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bellabee
Pioneer
Options
I say return for refund or replacement the layer for anti reflection is damaged or not even there in fact it looks like there's bubbles trapped in a sheet do you have a screen sheet still on it
0 Likes
FF101
First Poster
Options

No removable screen protector that I can see.  The Samsung website is v clear that any screen protector would have a barcode and there isn't one.

0 Likes
Bellabee
Pioneer
Options
Then I suggest a return
0 Likes
Bellabee
Pioneer
Options
How irritating that must be only a few days as well
0 Likes
FF101