Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Q90T a good TV for Xbox Series X?

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 12:04 PM)
Dremage
Student
Options

Hi!

I almost made a decision to buy Samsung 55Q90T TV, but as usual, before I made my decision to buy the TV, I checked if there has been problems with the model. 

And as I've read the forums here or in reddit, I've seen that it is definitely not without problems and also Samsung doesn't seem to care about their customers to actually admit the problems publicly and provide info if they will fix them or not. 

Still, the only other option seem to be LG CX model, but I don't want to buy Oled anymore (owned 2 and both had burn ins).

What should I do? Is it safe to buy this TV? I won't be able to wait till next year's models. 

21 REPLIES 21
Xxspawnxx
Pioneer
Options

Oh no, please Samsung. Please fix it! Local dimming Bug, ghosting issues... And now THIS?!

0 Likes
Xxspawnxx
Pioneer
Options

So here is an update:

It seems that they are working on an update for the new consoles.

Link 

0 Likes
Jameste3
Student
Options

Hi,

I have the Q95 65 inch flagship model and I have exactly the same issuers. When i turn the tv on the hdmi port switches on and off for ages and sometime I have mixed colours or lines. It’s a really mess and takes ages for it to go to normal. I wish I stayed with my old Samsung tv as there really wasn’t anything wrong with it and just wanted the hdmi 2.1 features.

0 Likes
Jameste3
Student
Options

Having same issues in the q95t and even with the latest firmware 1403.1. Bought this model especially for the series X and the TV works fine with the Xbox one X. Put every time I turn the Xbox on the HDMI signal is everywhere.

0 Likes
Benevolent
Apprentice
Options

20201111_210530.jpg

 Best of News Everyone!!!! Software Update 1403 works flawlessly on the 65 inch Q90T on the HDMI 2.1 port (HDMI#4) with 3840x2160 Freesync VRR at 120 Hz input signal plus HDR UHD with Game Mode "on" with the Xbox Series X. There is zero backlight flickering. There is no input lag. Everything is beautiful and perfect! It works!!!!

0 Likes
Xxspawnxx
Pioneer
Options

Really? Don't play with my Feelings😁

Now i just have to wait till it comes to germany

0 Likes
Sparkytime2
First Poster
Options

I have the same set-up as you. However, I was able to connect to download the update over the LAN cable. I have my Xbox Series X on HDMI port 4 and it is running wonderfully.

0 Likes
portuguese83
Explorer
Options

just got off the phone with technician thats coming to my house, he has already ordered parts without even seeing the tv 65"q90t.. im experencing bad purple ghosting

0 Likes
Sparkytime2
First Poster
Options

There were no release notes available but the firmware has been updated to 1460. Can only assume more compatibility improvements for the latest generation of consoles that just launched. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
portuguese83
Explorer
Options

Tech came today and replaced panel and motherboard....still have purple ghosting, not as bad as b4 but still is noticable. How much money is Samsung gonna loose b4 they actually admit that this is a problem

0 Likes