Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Is my Samsung TV able to record?

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 04:21 PM)
CurlyTail
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung TV model number QE55Q70AATXXU. I can find nothing in the E-manual if my TV is able to record. How do I find this information?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

From what I have read, recording is supported. Try going inot the program guide, select a program and prees th enter button on your remote, hoepfully, there will be a record option.

0 Likes
CurlyTail
First Poster
Options

For some reason my TV kept moaning that all the drives I was trying were too slow even though they met the spec. When I read the e-manual it did say that some TV had the external storage for playback only. 

Anyway, after a lot of faffing around I managed to dig out an old 2.5" Seagate external drive and that worked fine in pausing and by extension, I guess, recording. So all is fine,. Thanks for your reply, anyway. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@CurlyTail: For clarity, it is recommended to use the USB hard disk that supports USB 2.0 or later and 5,400 rpm or higher. However, RAID-type USB hard drives and USB sticks are not supported. Furthermore, it is only possible to record programmes received through an aerial. 

For instant recording, go to a live broadcast, press and hold the Select button on the remote and select 'Record. For scheduled recordings, select a programme that is scheduled to be broadcast, press the Select button and choose Schedule Recording. 

0 Likes
Ageless
First Poster
Options

In a word "Meh".

They have the ability to attach a drive and they have the options to schedule recording, single or series. Single programme scheduled recording works, but ONLY if you are actively on the TV mode at the time (so don't have it on, streaming, or games console or anything, when you know your programme is about to start recording as the recording just won't happen).

Scheduling a regular series to record has not been fixed and doesn't work. I believe Samsung are trying to work on it (or have given up). I was told not to bother by Samsung support and stick to single session scheduling.

Active record whilst you watch seems to work fine and can pause and continue and forward rewind also.

I do hope they resolve this as generally all their products are great. We have a LOT of Samsung stuff but I have been disappointed with Samsung Monitor issues & support, and now this TV, with all its niggles 😞

Also, their TV support is in India and you will get abuse and threats from them, just for highlighting an issue. Have patience and take a deep breath in case you get any of the "kray kray" Samsung Support folks!

0 Likes