Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Is my Samsung TV able to record?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
CurlyTail
First Poster
Options
TV

I have a Samsung TV model number QE55Q70AATXXU. I can find nothing in the E-manual if my TV is able to record. How do I find this information?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
TV

From what I have read, recording is supported. Try going inot the program guide, select a program and prees th enter button on your remote, hoepfully, there will be a record option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
TV

From what I have read, recording is supported. Try going inot the program guide, select a program and prees th enter button on your remote, hoepfully, there will be a record option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
CurlyTail
First Poster
Options
TV

For some reason my TV kept moaning that all the drives I was trying were too slow even though they met the spec. When I read the e-manual it did say that some TV had the external storage for playback only. 

Anyway, after a lot of faffing around I managed to dig out an old 2.5" Seagate external drive and that worked fine in pausing and by extension, I guess, recording. So all is fine,. Thanks for your reply, anyway. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
TV

@CurlyTail: For clarity, it is recommended to use the USB hard disk that supports USB 2.0 or later and 5,400 rpm or higher. However, RAID-type USB hard drives and USB sticks are not supported. Furthermore, it is only possible to record programmes received through an aerial. 

For instant recording, go to a live broadcast, press and hold the Select button on the remote and select 'Record. For scheduled recordings, select a programme that is scheduled to be broadcast, press the Select button and choose Schedule Recording. 

0 Likes