Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Q80T defect?

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 11:17 PM)
Sarlexz
First Poster
Options

Hi, I bought a Q80T 3 days ago. I noticed that black screens look very weird in game mode. The first pic is in game mode with contrast enhancer off, and the second pic is also in game mode but with contrast enhancer set to high. Is this normal for this tv or is mine a defect? it looks perfect without game mode. 

Edit: I've now uploaded a third picture of my startup screen... I can see nearly the same pattern here... 😕Startup screenStartup screen

My phone amplifies it a little bit but it's really noticeable.

Game mode + contrast enhancer offGame mode + contrast enhancer offGame mode + contrast enhancer set to highGame mode + contrast enhancer set to high

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Zackie
First Poster
Options

It’s not an anomaly on your individual TV. It looks more like a firmware bug. I get this purple haze on mine too during dark scenes. I’ve hooked the Q80T to an Xbox series x and the Xbox TV calibration guide does tell you to select Warm 1 in your TV settings, which improves things somewhat. But I’m still holding out for a proper firmware fix (currently on 1403.1).

0 Likes
Sarlexz
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply! I also have an Xbox series x hooked up. Yeah i really hope that it’s just a firmware bug that will get fixed soon... But can I just ask you a small favor to make me a little more calm? Can you please select game mode and go to a black screen video on YouTube on your Xbox and share an Imgur photo of how it looks for you? :smiling-face: contrast enhancer either off or high. That would be so helpful ! 

0 Likes