Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it not possible to watch Channel 4 live on the app on a Samsung TV?

(Topic created on: 17-08-2019 10:01 AM)
Glen22123
Journeyman
Options

Is it not possible to watch Channel 4 live on the app on a Samsung TV?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glen22123
Journeyman
Options
If you can, can some please send me or direct me the *****s guide, because on my phone it says live TV but on the app the option isnt there.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glen22123  Seems that the live All 4 option is only available on via Website and Mobile/Tablet  Apps. does not appear on my TV either All4 on Devices.  

Whilst I have not tried it myself it appears Channel 4's live service can be streamed via the  TvPlayer- there is  app for Samsung Tv's but information states only compatible with 2016/2017 models.

(basic service is free but charge for some premium channels if desired)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Damianiw
Student
Options

Hi, I've found exactly the same - I'm using my Roku which does support Live Tv on all 4 now

0 Likes
CrombieNoble
First Poster
Options

Not through the All4 app, however, I figured a workaround. Open the internet browser on the TV, and go to the channel 4 site. Signing in is a pain using up down left and right, but you can stream live from there. 😊

Glen22123
Journeyman
Options
It is a pain... but definitely a good work around! Thank you. You would think they would just enable or link it to the app as it's possible this way.
0 Likes
Gwom
First Poster
Options

You can also get it working on IPhone using the channel4 app and airplay it to the TV if your TV has that, think it needs to connect through AppleTV but it will prompt you (not sure if needed but I did and it works). 

0 Likes
munkydunk
First Poster
Options
Not all heroes wear capes
0 Likes